• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just had my 4th implant put in

M

MountainMama

I had my 4th implant put in and it has been the easiest recovery so far. It was my lower first molar on the left. I was very nervous as I had an implant done on the lower right first molar and it was very painful after the numbing wore off. It didn’t last long and after some Tramadol it was fine and almost pain free the next day.
I had a different surgeon this time, a periodontic surgeon and he is amazing! His injections are almost painless...just a pinch once. He kept asking if I was okay because I was apparently making facial expressions at the sounds and pressure. ? He said I was telling him I was okay but my face said otherwise.
He did something different with the gums and instead of cutting them open, he used something like a hole punch, so no stitches. I am home, numbness has worn off, and I have only Tylenol in my system. I just have some soreness and stiffness from the injections, but otherwise feel pretty good!

What a nice success story, thanks for sharing! Glad it went so well! :jump: Sounds like your surgeon was really good and making sure you stay comfortable. Really glad you had a nice experience this time, hopefully it overrides a bit of the bad experience you had before!:)

What a nice success story, thanks for sharing! Glad it went so well! :jump: Sounds like your surgeon was really good and making sure you stay comfortable. Really glad you had a nice experience this time, hopefully it overrides a bit of the bad experience you had before!:)
Thank you! Yes, I am glad to have found this surgeon! It is a long drive (almost 2 hours) and he is out of insurance network, but implants are not covered anyway so I am just paying a bit more for the extraction. He personally called me the next day to check on me as well.

Hi, how are you bottom molar implants working for you? I need one for tooth #31 because my mom never took me back to get a crown for the tooth ten years ago when I had RCT done…and then I didn’t go back to the dentist for years because I thought the tooth looked weird and I was embarrassed by it.

Anyway, a little nervous about having an implant there as most people I’ve talked to have front teeth implant. Can you chew like normal? That is the main reason I want it, besides preserving bone, because I want to reduce wear on my other molars since they have big fillings

Hi, how are you bottom molar implants working for you? I need one for tooth #31 because my mom never took me back to get a crown for the tooth ten years ago when I had RCT done…and then I didn’t go back to the dentist for years because I thought the tooth looked weird and I was embarrassed by it.

Anyway, a little nervous about having an implant there as most people I’ve talked to have front teeth implant. Can you chew like normal? That is the main reason I want it, besides preserving bone, because I want to reduce wear on my other molars since they have big fillings
I have an implant for both tooth 30 and 31. They are great! I can chew normally and most of the time don’t even notice they are there.

Back