• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just had some work done on my teeth and now my impacted wisdoms are throbbing.

C

Cinkat84

I’m terrified to go back to the dentist. I’m 36 and never had my wisdoms out. They are all impacted and need to come out as I have a really small mouth. They literally never bothered me until getting this dental work done. Can dental work trigger impacted wisdom teeth. My gums are throbbing and jaw is tight. The nerves are dealing havoc on me and I haven’t even had the consultation. I don’t know how I am going to get through this.

Hi Cinkat84, what kind of "dental work" was done?

I had a root canal on a lower molar. Now the back gums are killing me and my jaw has been aching for three weeks. I also suffer from anxiety so these past week during healing have been filled with stress.

I had a root canal on a lower molar. Now the back gums are killing me and my jaw has been aching for three weeks. I also suffer from anxiety so these past week during healing have been filled with stress.
I had a wisdom tooth out on December 16th , hadn't been to the dentist in 30 years , just with my anxiety and fear ... I need a lot of work to be done in the near future , well I have to go on Wednesday for 2 more out and a filling ? ,, future work consists of a root canal , bridges & crowns ? so fearful tbh

Tbh I was in and out in under 15 minutes getting my wisdom tooth out , never felt a thing and the procedure itself was done in under a minute...the injection was the worst into the top of the mouth but tbh not to bad..wait 10 minutes & you don't feel a thing

Well I’m going to see the dentist Tmr let’s see what he says :(

I feel like I’m too old for them to be acting up

I feel like I’m too old for them to be acting up
I know ..it's really depressing me tbh ... I thought when I got the wisdom tooth out , I'd be out of pain ...but I still have a dull pain nothing serious tbh ..but just annoying and after 4 weeks it's puzzling , maybe iam a slow healer ... But I'll tell my dentist on Wednesday and ask if it's healing ok ....... Wish you good luck tomorrow...keep us updated

I can't imagine how a root canal treatment could animate your wisdom teeth to wake up and cause problems.. There are surely also other things that may cause jaw pain or painful gums so hopefully it's not wisdom teeth. Let us know what the dentist said :clover:

So when I went to see my dentist, he checked out my gum. My wisdom tooth is fully in the gum so he felt around with his pokey thing and I felt some pain. He said sometimes when food gets stuck back there it can irritate the gum. He told me to swish some salt water around. It’s been almost a week and it still hurts :(

Back