• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just had tooth extraction, will it be okay to go back in a week to get my fillings done?

X

xKimberlee

Just had tooth extraction, will it be okay to go back in a week to get my fillings done?

Okay, so today I had a tooth extraction (they removed one tooth) and I booked an appointment to get cavity fillings done in a week. I got my very back top right molar removed and I didn't realize until now how big the hole is up there. The reason I wanted the appointment so soon was so that I could get all my cavities and tooth problems finished with ASAP. I have fear of the dentist but I don't want ugly teeth haha. Does anyone know if a week is too soon to get the cavities filled? Should I wait longer until the extraction is healed up? If so, how long will it take to heal? Thanks for your help !! ;D

Re: Just had tooth extraction, will it be okay to go back in a week to get my fillings done?

Welcome to the forum :)

It should be fine, if for some reason it wouldn't be wise the dentist won't do it. You should be fine.

Re: Just had tooth extraction, will it be okay to go back in a week to get my fillings done?

Carole is correct..If it isn't safe the dentist won't do it..My extraction sites are 18 days old and my dentist wants to clean my teeth but he said he wanted to wait till all 4 extraction sites were filled in to keep the germs out !!

Back