• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Keep horizontally impacted wisdom tooth in your 40s to 70s.

A

askph

I am 17yo. Just found out that I have two lower horizontally impacted wisdom teeth when I had my xray. So far i AM NOT experiencing any discomfort and pain. My dentist wants it to be extracted. I went to consult another who told me to leave it. So my questions is I would like to hear from anyone who were advised to extract it in their early days BUT did not and is in their 40s to 70s?pano.jpg

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi there,

I was wondering what were the reasons your dentists gave you for extracting it vs. not and what consequences they mentioned in case you don’t get it extracted? Those information may be more of a value because even if you find someone who still have theirs at a higher age, their situation (position of the teeth, how much they touch adjacent teeth, possible infections etc.) may be entirely different to yours.