• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Kicking myself for not going sooner.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but given the choice I’d take a root canal over a crown any day. Amazed by your courage. Well done!

Comeback Jay,

How are your gums and teeth feeling today. You did amazing it sounds that last part with the sharp needles sounds unnerving. I'm glad you got through it ok..

I've had 3 root canals in past 7 months, 1 from an endo and 2 from my dentist. All three were painfree , completely numbed and the first with the endo I nearly fell asleep. The thing that made a huge difference to me is both the endo and the dentist proved they were very concerned with my comfort and would respect any stop signal if I was in the least bit of pain which at first with my dentist when he tested the area I could feel the instrument so he immediately gave me more anesthetic and I felt nothing after that. It really can be a very painfree experience,

Any new experience you will have a little anxiety with just not quite knowing what to expect yourself . Its good to talk about experiences here, you are doing all the right things :)

Just did my deep cleaning today on my right side. Went very smoothly, was uncomfortable a couple times and it pinched here and there but overall much easier than the crown!

I have final crown scheduled for next week and the week after I have my other deep cleaning. Then a ton of fillings.. yippy. Can't see the filling being that bad after the crown.

What's really nice is not having any pain during the night or morning. Sleeping my deep and better.

So glad you shared a positive experience for those of us still wallowing in anxiety (me) there is hope!!

Well had to do a root canal. I knew it was going to happen and I dreaded it but honestly it's not that bad. Anytime I felt even a slight bit of pain I asked for another shot. Believe I had four shots all together. I did not want to get local anesthesia since I wanted to drive out with no issues. However I had enough Novocaine to make me slightly loopy but able to drive.

The processes took about an hour and half. I didn't watch videos going in, I honestly didn't want to know how the procedure is done exactly. I may youtube it but I'm just glad it's over.

They had a very cool process called a gentalwave. What this does is spray and suck parts of the root that they cannot get to easily so all of the root has been removed. There was a pinch towards the end of it but more Novocaine fixed it quickly.

Like to thank others for sharing there root canal experiences, it helped a lot. You always hear such horrible stories about root canals and it wasn't as bad as I was lead on to believe prior to this site. So thank you.

I spoke with the dental assistant and we talked about dentists offices in general and how a lot of the franchised dental location will suggest bigger procedures that might not be needed. They said it's always good to stay with smaller practices that have been around for a bit. But as always check reviews. If any one is in Central Florida and is not sure who to go to I have a good recommendation in the Ovideo area. Please let me know if you need that recommendation.

At this point I've been going to the dentist almost every week for the past two months. It's a heck of a process and I'm looking forward to not having to go so often.

Comebackjay,

I'm so glad it went this well for you! I wish you speedy and good healing for after . Have you done a review here on the review section? Its always good to get dentists who we've had personal good experiences with :) .

I haven't, I'll make sure to leave a review.

Also if you don't want it to come from you , you can message Letsconnect the administrator and she can put it on for you.. :)

Back