• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Kirkintilloch dentist recommendations

L

ladycool

Hi everyone , new to this forum... :)
:redface:
As my title says I am very ashamed about  condition of my teeth, the front top and bottom are passable but not perfect but the sides are a mess, missing fillings and some ragged edges , teeth with only a worn shell   :redface:
I have been having pain and it seems to be nerve pain , usually sensitive to hot and cold drinks , mouthwash etc, it makes my gum lines ache  :(

I am a 49 year old woman who hasnt been to the dentist in around 6 years, mainly due to being so embarrased of my teeth  to visit any.  I also had a very bad experience many years ago when a dentist had numbed my tooth with several injections into the gum area  only for me to hit the roof as the nerve wasnt numb when he touched it with an instrument.. :censored:  Needless to say I didnt go back..

Now I feel I must make an effort to get some work done, what I do not know , extraction may be the best option for a few ..
Where can I go in my home town or nearabouts , I am in Kirkintilloch, Scotland..
I need a very very understanding dentist who wont criticize me to badly.............

I can afford a loan to pay if need be as I know the state of the NHS dentists..

Can anyone advise me what to do next.
Thanks
:shame:

Re: Very Ashamed

Hi there

Hey.... Kirkie!  I was brought up in Duntiblae Road  :p

Anyway..I would recommend you have a look for dentists that provide IV sedation.   They are usually very sympathetic to people like us. I could have written your post...terrified to the point where at 45 I hadn't been to the dentist in years.   A few nasty experiences too.

There is a good dentist in Bishopbriggs, but I can't remember the name...perhaps someone else could help

I think Gordon practices in Glasgow ?? :jump:

Good luck
xx

I didn't know that Kirkintilloch was so close to Glasgow - we've had some wonderful reviews for a guy called Clive Schmulian in Clydebank (don't know if that's easy enough to get to):

Clive Schmulian
32 & 44 Kilbowie Road
Clydebank, Glasgow G81 1TH
Phone: 0141 585 2700

Thanks everyone for being so helpful and understanding, glad to see Im not alone.. :)
I will not qualify for any free treatment as Im on incapacity and have a works pension.. :(
So I guess it will cost megabucks.. :o
I dont care as it would be worth it... :confused: Of course it would be.. ;D
I have emailed a few practices like the one above and will see how it goes.
Please keep posting if you know of any practices near me who are recommended by anyone.
Many Thanks
:respect:

It's a fair old hike from Kirkie to Clydebank. I was brought up in the latter and lived in the former for a while...

Try Andy Meek in Lenzie or David Reid in Milngavie. I'd be happy to recommend either of them.