• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Large swelling in the roof of my mouth

B

Bookworm

Well I only noticed this today but I have quite a sizeable lump in the roof of my mouth next to a tooth that has pretty much half gone. It is causing me quite a bit of pain both in the roof of my mouth and the aforementioned tooth. My mum thinks I should try and get an emergency out of hours appointment but I really don't want to do this because:
A) I have an appointment on Tuesday which I have only just begun to mentally prepare myself for and am not sure if I am brave enough to go before then
B) it is actually my birthday tomorrow and we are going away for a long weekend and (and I know this will sound silly) I was looking forward to having a few drinks with my pals over the weekend as a "reward" if you like for making an appointment and don't want my birthday weekend ruined by antibiotics :(

So my question is really do you think, if I am able to manage with the pain, I can put it off until Tuesday or is this something that really does need seeing to as soon as?

I think you can still drink with most antibiotics???

Yeah I've heard that, only trouble is last time o was on antibiotics they were the type that make you throw up if you drink :(

If I were you I would check it out, maybe you do not have to take antibiotics at all.
In case you do need antibiotics, most of them should not have contra-indication for alcohol drinking.:hic:
Happy birthday:party:

Well the good news is I can drink with the antibiotics but the bad news is root canal all the way. Still, I'm glad I got it seen to at least. Thanks for the info :)

Back