• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lateral Window sinus lift tomorrow

M

mll

Freaking out. Has anyone had a lateral window sinus lift? I'll have to wait some months before getting the 2 implants.

Just wanted to update! Had the sinus lift and have had zero pain and minimal swelling. I have some sinus pressure, but that’s it. I was freaking out and it went way better than I could have imagined.

Just wanted to update! Had the sinus lift and have had zero pain and minimal swelling. I have some sinus pressure, but that’s it. I was freaking out and it went way better than I could have imagined.

Thank you for your post and update. I’m sorry that no one offered you any support, but I will let you know that you helped me! I am having sinus lifts on both sides eventuality when I’m ready for my implant surgery and that is the part I’m freaking out about the most. I’m glad it wasn’t scary or painful at all for you and I hope I have the same experience!

Anxious 76,
I did get support from others who had it done before and posted here as well. I'm glad I helped you. How many implants do you need?
I'm 2.5 weeks post op and honestly,, the only thing that hurt on me was the back of my hand where I had the IV for sedation. I had minimal swelling for 3 days. If you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Glad it went well. In general patient experience can be a very wide range. The same doctor may perform the same basic procedure and different patients will react differently.

Dr. Kimsey,
I'm wondering about eating on that side again? Is it okay to eat over there? Nothing hard and crunchy, but normal food?

The biggest risk in general is post-op infection followed by sutures opening up. I wouldn't eat on that side until cleared by my dentist.

Thank you! I haven’t. My next check up is Tuesday.

Anxious 76,
I did get support from others who had it done before and posted here as well. I'm glad I helped you. How many implants do you need?
I'm 2.5 weeks post op and honestly,, the only thing that hurt on me was the back of my hand where I had the IV for sedation. I had minimal swelling for 3 days. If you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Hi there,

I’m having the all on 4 done on both upper and lower. All on 6 actually, which is why I’ll be having the sinus lifts. I’ll be having sedation as well thankfully. I know there can be swelling and bruising and I’m prepared for that, but I’m just worried it’s going to hurt really bad. Your posts have encouraged me so once again thank you!

I’m not sure what it would be like to have both done at the same time. I only had one side. Will you have a partial or
anything afterwards?

I’m not sure what it would be like to have both done at the same time. I only had one side. Will you have a partial or
anything afterwards?

Yes I’ll have my temporary bridges. I know I can’t blow my nose, exercise, drink through straws, etc till the dentist clears me to afterward and I can’t eat anything I can’t easily cut with a fork either so I’m prepared for that.
I’m just wondering about pain levels. It can’t be any worse than what I went through already is what I’m guessing.

I talked to several people before I had mine done. There were 2 people who used pain medicine for a week. Others just used ibuprofen, and like I said, I had zero pain. For me, an extraction was worse than this. My bigger fear, aside from pain, was being able to eat decent food— not just mush.

I talked to several people before I had mine done. There were 2 people who used pain medicine for a week. Others just used ibuprofen, and like I said, I had zero pain. For me, an extraction was worse than this. My bigger fear, aside from pain, was being able to eat decent food— not just mush.

That’s very encouraging! I can get by on “mush” since I’ve been doing so for the most part since September. I am on my way to a fully healthy mouth which is what matters most to me. Thank you for the support.

Just an update- had my 3 week check up today. Everything is healing great! I go back in 2 months for an xray to see how the bone is coming along. I can chew on that side again now.

Just an update- had my 3 week check up today. Everything is healing great! I go back in 2 months for an xray to see how the bone is coming along. I can chew on that side again now.

Fantastic! I’m happy for you that all is well! :)

Back