• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Laughed at today!

M

MarkGeordie88

It’s never really bothered me before and my teeth and the state of them has never got to me before and I’ve just got on with life.

Today was different.

I had last minute shopping to finished and over heard someone commenting on my teeth and laughing at me. It really touched a nerve.

Roll on 2020 to get my dentures!

How rude of them! It really irks me when people make fun of others for anything, but especially when it is done within earshot of the person. I am sorry you had to deal with that.

Yeah it’s frustrating. I don’t normally let it get to me but today for some reason it really upset me.

Thank you for sharing this, MarkGeordie88 and so sorry this had happened to you. I understand how upset this had made you feel. Sadly, some people really do not seem get the huge struggles that one can have when it comes to dental health. We had this topic in a different thread today, some people just obviously do not think before they speak and of course it hurts :(

That person had no idea about how brave and courageous you have been in the last few months and that you are facing your biggest fears currently, after so many years. They probably have never faced their fears.

You are being so strong and have been doing amazingly along your way and have accomplished so much up to now, so please give yourself a huge pat on the back and do not let in any comments of unhappy hurtful people.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your apt at 8th
:grouphug:

I’m so sorry that happened to you. People who are cruel to others are very troubled individuals. It’s not even about the state of your teeth, it’s about their own insecurities/low self-esteem and trying to make themselves feel better. If it wasn’t your teeth, they’d just find something else to pick on. You should take pity on those people; it is far easier to repair broken teeth than a broken soul.

Thanks for the kind words.

I’ve let it go over me so I can enjoy Christmas and hopefully get through my next appointment on 8th successfully.

Have a great Christmas MarkGeordie. !

I’ve let it go over me so I can enjoy Christmas and hopefully get through my next appointment on 8th successfully.

Glad to read that. Have a very merry Christmas! :xmas: