• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Leaky Gum, Tooth Ache, Appointment is 3 Weeks away

0sanaechan0

Hello,

I am new on this forum and definitely am a longtime dentalphobic.

About 2 weeks ago, my gum behind my top teeth began to hurt. I hoped it would subside, but it didn't. I contacted my local dentist online but did not make an appointment because I got scared.

Fast forward to now, I discovered the top my by front tooth, in the back, is turning grey and my gum is constantly leaking something. My gum/tooth is constantly sore as well. I finally called the dentist but my appointment is a couple weeks away.

I am terrified I would lose my tooth/teeth....

How long can this wait? What can I do?

My teeth have always been very difficult to deal with. I floss everyday. I brush my teeth for 2 minutes with an electric toothbrush and manually brush along my gum lines afterwards to make sure I get as much plague out as possible. Yet, I CONSTANTLY have cavities. I also boycott candies years ago.

Try getting back onto your dentist and ask for an emergency appointment, you might well have to go in and sit and wait for a space to be seen in, but that's the most sensible option.

Back