letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Brad Thornton at Ivory Dental Practice
108-110 Town Street, Horsforth, Leeds. LS18 4AH
Phone: 0113 258 3349
http://www.ivory-dental.co.uk/

This dentist has been highly recommended.

Last edited:
M

moonstone

Until about a month ago, I hadn't visited a dentist for a very long time. Several horrid experiences as a child left me so scared to go for a check up that I lived in pain with my teeth gradually decaying for years. I found this website and so I lurked for a while reading all your stories. I also saw this recommendation for my area but until recently was unable to pluck up the courage to make the call. Anyway, about a month ago, I gave them a call and I am so glad that I did!

I explained when I called that I was terrified and that one of their dentists had been highly recommended. The lady I spoke to was very kind and said that they see nervous patients all the time and that it was no problem. She said I could make an appointment just for a chat and a checkup to see whether I liked them or not and so I did as I told myself that I could leave if it wasn't for me.

What can I say? This guy is a lovely young lad. I was really nervous to be back in a dental surgery after so long, but he was so relaxed and laid back that it really helped to put me at ease. After many painful trips to the dentist as a youngster, I was convinced that I'd have to experience it all again but things couldn't have been more different. He said I needed several fillings (which reduced me to tears) but that it was no big deal and that it could be done when I was ready.

I had the first of the fillings a couple of weeks ago and I didn't feel a single thing! Not even the injection. He waited until I was ready before each step of the treatment, explained everything he was doing and that I could have a rest whenever I wanted to.

I still have a few fillings to go, but I can now see light at the end of the tunnel and I am so glad that I made that call. All the staff I've come across so far seem lovely and I would highly recommend Brad and the rest of the team.