• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lifting/Pain/brain asking questions

hartsada

hartsada

Hi. It's me...again....:(.with just a few more questions. With an upper wisdom how much or not lifting/bending are we allowed to do? I am thinking no heavy lifting but I have pets that I frequently need to handle and requires me to bend down.:respect:

Also, how much really, pain is there for the upper? :cry::cry: That is one of my biggest fears. I am not a good candidate for medication but will take it if the pain becomes unbearable. Just seeing what the general stats are on pain with an upper fully erupted and little or no nerves. Thanks I have 2 more days. I am taking the Ativan but I am not sure it's working but making me very very tired.

Thanks to ALL of you who have seen me through this.:jump::thumbsup: In the past I was going to run and keep running but I am ready to FINALLY get this done and have my life back....I hope:shame:

After having my 7 out I managed fine and I live on a working farm 26 cats 7 dogs, hundreds of sheep and poultry just avoid too much strain, bend from the knees I just tried to avoid total bending over for too long and tilted sideways, food prep was done on a table so not much bending really needed, pain wise nothing near as bad as toothache type pain, more discomfort and I just used ibuprofen and paracetamol for a couple of days. Don't go worrying about things and scare yourself unnecessarily just use common sense and deal with issues should they arise at the time make sure you have some over the counter pain killers to hand, if you get yourself too stressed you will dampen the effects of the medication and the added stress will make you even more tired, try doing something else to take your mind of your appointment, should you start to think about it too much have an activity that uses your brain like a crossword a computer game or writing a letter or writing Christmas cards or present lists anything to distract yourself, in 2 days this will all be behind you, and you can be writing out your success story for others to read.
what pets do you have?

When I had my upper and lowers out I was never given any restrictions regarding movement. I could bend and lift as much as I wanted...eating and talking, however, was another story. The pain for me wasn't bad at all. I only took over the counter anti-inflammatories (like iburpofen, naproxen, etc) and it did the trick. I did not get on well with the prescription pain meds they gave me and they caused too much nausea. The side effects of the pain meds were worse than the pain :sick:... I took 1 and then threw out the rest! I had all 4 uppers and lowers out and they were all impacted but I remember hardly noticing the top ones...the bottoms were the ones that would really get to me now and then in terms of discomfort. You will be fine! The anticipation is the worst part! :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug: You will be so proud of yourself when it's finally done! I can't wait to read your success story!

I just signed up to help the homeless at our church. I am hoping I can help out on Wednesday and that this will be over. You have a few pets. hahaha. I have a cat, guniea Pig, bunny, 2 dogs and a cat. I basically care for all of them and a husband :) I just think I am dwelling right now. Losing my dad has really taken a toll on me. Way too quick for me and my family. I think I should get an Oscar for the scaring I have done over the past 27 months. I will be so happy that you will know from the cartwheel over the big pond to you and others overseas.

I am bringing my tablet with me at the procedure. After they numb me I can play Fairway Solitare. I love this game. When my dad was sick, that is what I played to help me deal with the pain. My hubby is going with me too so he can help me through this. I think the abuse I suffered as a child really has impacted the anxiety. I have worked on this and I am trusting the Doctor, God and most of all, me. Thanks again and I will go feed my Paeblos (Squirrels). Thanks!!!;)

After having my 7 out I managed fine and I live on a working farm 26 cats 7 dogs, hundreds of sheep and poultry just avoid too much strain, bend from the knees I just tried to avoid total bending over for too long and tilted sideways, food prep was done on a table so not much bending really needed, pain wise nothing near as bad as toothache type pain, more discomfort and I just used ibuprofen and paracetamol for a couple of days. Don't go worrying about things and scare yourself unnecessarily just use common sense and deal with issues should they arise at the time make sure you have some over the counter pain killers to hand, if you get yourself too stressed you will dampen the effects of the medication and the added stress will make you even more tired, try doing something else to take your mind of your appointment, should you start to think about it too much have an activity that uses your brain like a crossword a computer game or writing a letter or writing Christmas cards or present lists anything to distract yourself, in 2 days this will all be behind you, and you can be writing out your success story for others to read.
what pets do you have?

You are going to do just fine:) I wish we had squirrels over here, there are lots of animals we don't have that the UK does ? you will probably be ok on the Wednesday just see how you feel, once you are numb the actual extraction doesn't take too many minutes the getting everything ready takes longer and the numbing is really quick so doubt you will have much time to do anything and your hubby with you too well you've got this covered I think I will hear the Whoop of success from here xxxxx

Back