• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

lingering numbness

C

cestrian

I had on on-lay fitted about four weeks ago and the dentist gave me a jab around to tooth which he said was just enough to anaesthetise the tooth. In reality it numbed my right lower jaw like no other jab I've ever had and even now, I still get a funny tingling around the right lower lip when I brush it gently.

The dentist has subsequently left the practise and I'm not keen on the partner so am between dentists. What I'm trying to say is that I've not spoken to them about it. That said, I'm now starting to get a little concerned that the tingling is still there.

Has anyone else experiences this? and, more importantly, if 'yes' will it go or is my nerve damaged permanently?

How long ago was it that this happened?

The overwhelming majority of these kinds of things resolve within a few months, it's probably too late to do much about it now but there may have been some interventions that could have been done if you'd gone back a bit sooner. i.e. within 48 hrs...

If there is some change in the area of numbness, then that's a positive sign, but don't fret too much if there hasn't been any.

Back