• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lip & chin numbness after Wisdom Tooth Removal

G

gillyrosh

I had my bottom two Wisdom teeth removed 1 week ago. Today, my bottom lip and chin are still numb, with occasional tingling. Also, my bottom front teeth feel like they're being squeezed together, which is driving me nuts. It's beyond annoying and makes me not want to even attempt to eat anything.

I went back to the dentist's office where I had the extraction done to have them look and see what was causing this. They said I need to have the surgeon who performed the extraction examine me. Unfortunately, he only comes in to that office once a month, and his November date is all booked, so I have to wait till December 17 to see him again!

Do I have to live with this damn numbness for two more months? Living with it for the past week has been driving me crazy. Should I go see a different oral surgeon?

1. Immediately see an OMS he might put you on steroids.
2. I can not comprehend why someone with a complication would be told to wait for an appointment much less two months. I assume the person on the phone doesn't have a clue.
Paresthesia is a known risk with third molar surgery.

Hi gillyrosh.. I had my left lower wissom tooth out a month ago and my symptoms are exactly the ones you described in your post.. Did your get back to normal? I am so worried...

Back