• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Liverpool L3 - Andrew Healy

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
The following post appeared on our forum:

"I am very sorry to hear of your previous unpleasant experiences with dentistry. It is something that as a dentist I find most disheartening about my profession as I hear accounts like yours far too often.
I hope you have had some luck in finding a dentist in Liverpool, but if not I may be able to help, although I am a private dentist and therefore cannot provide any treatment on the NHS.

My background has been in treating apprehensive patients for most of my career and last August I opened my own clinic in Liverpool City Centre.

Whilst myself and all my staff are trained in IV sedation, the vast majority of people who come to me only require understanding, compassion, and most of all, lots of TLC.

I offer a free consulation which can be obtained by calling Jules or Annie on 0151 258 1968, or popping into my clinic at

Pall Mall dental clinic,
42 Pall Mall
Liverpool
L3 6AL.

We offer interest free credit over 10, 12, 18 or 24 months which is of course, subject to the usual terms and conditions.

If you require any more information then give my very understanding staff a call, and they will be only too happy to help.

Kind Regards

Dr Andrew Healy BDS

P A L L M A L L dental clinic "

For more info, see this thread: https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/forum/threads/need-a-sympathetic-liverpool-nhs-dentist-uk.1199/

Here is the website: https://www.pallmalldental.com

Last edited:
After a very painful experience at a local dental practice I looked on the internet in the hope of finding some reviews on dentists in my area. I was due to go on a 3 week holiday of a lifetime in less than 7 days which I was now dreading due to being in so much pain. Luckily I came across this site and contacted Dr Andrew Healys practice in Pall Mall Liverpool. The receptionist explained they were very busy but took my number and said she would try to fit me in. Within the hour she called me back and I made an appointment for the following day. Within minutes I knew I had made the right decision, the staff are warm and friendly and seem genuinely happy in their work. Dr Healy has an extremely reassuring manner, spends whatever time necessary to explain everything and began treatment to rectify the problem straight away. The necessary extraction was painless, although I did have some discomfort afterwards for which I took painkillers. Dr Healy's aftercare is as good as his dentistry, he rang on two occasions to make sure I was feeling ok to go on holiday and said if I did need to see him he would fit me in whatever the time. Although I never want to experience toothache as I had before I went to Dr Healy, in a way it was a blessing in disguise for I now have a dentist in whom I have trust and confidence for myself and my family. Sometimes in life, you just have to give credit where it is due and I feel this is one of those times. A big thanks to all at the practice and to anyone out there who needs a new dentist, give them a call, you won't find better! :jump:

I emailed this dentist today I plucked up all my courage! After reading the reviews of him on this site.. fingers crossed!

Let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

I went.

I know it was a while ago when I posted but I did actually go. Dr Healey was fantastic he was very nice and didn't make me feel bad or embarrassed about how bad my teeth are. Unfortunately he doesn't do IV sedation at his practice any more which I was devastated about because I thought I was going to get it all sorted. He referred me to the dental hospital for sedation, but then later found out the dental hospital doesn't do sedation for just fillings. It was a massive blow, he gave me a name for another dentist who would be able to help me but I took so long to pluck up the confidence to go to him and because it didn't go as planned I still haven't got my teeth sorted :( I desperately need help but I just can't find the courage to go. I want to thank Dr Healey for showing me that not all dentists are heartless monsters. I wish everything was sorted :(:(

That's a shame Pinky. Well done for going along though.

Well it is all a bit embarrassing but bear with me, I spent 16 years in HM Armed forces seeing action on more than one occasion. I have suffered full leg surgery under local in a casualty unit consisting of sewing up my muscle in my leg before stitching up the skin after but when it comes to dentists a basic checkup makes my toes curl and my blood run cold..... or it did until recently.
I went nearly 20 years without a checkup, yes you read that right 20 years. It was only due to pain I had to go. My local dentist was ok but even during the basic check I felt really uncomfortable. At the end of that It turned out the one in pain had to come out.... long story short I went for concious sedation at my local clinic for the extraction which I must say was brilliant.
Roll on a week later and the pain came back with avengance. Unfortunately I was at work in Liverpool so I decided to look up on here for an appropriate dentist. Dr Healeys name was mentioned a couple of times so forced myself to go.
First of all what a damn nice guy, he had a thorough examination of the extraction side and diagnosed a dry socket with a bit of infection. After talking it through he explained exactly what I needed and gave me options all the time making me feel in control.
Now I would never lie about how it felt, bearing in mind he was basically going to clean the holes in my jawbone!!!
First of all he sprayed a numbing spray on the areas he had to inject, left it for a couple of minutes and then started. I can honestly say I didnt feel the needle or the LA going in.
He then sent me to the waiting room for a few minutes while he dealt with another patient allowing the LA to take full effect.
When I went back in he started work and as I say I would never lie, once I felt a little niggle so he put some local liquid directly into the socket (no needle, just the syringe) and away we went again.
Before I knew it he had finished.
Full aftercare advice and even his mobile number if you need to speak to him at any stage, how many dentists do that?
Genuinely Painless dentistry and a really nice guy, I have to say if I need any more work I will be getting in my car and driving 360 miles to get him to do it. The trip, and cost would be worth every penny.
Well Done Andy Healey, you have converted another one.