• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Looking for an ear

M

Mugsy

I'm a 33 year old mommy of 3 with extensive dental work needed I went to the dentist in April and was so very embarassed. I need extensive work on all four quadrants of my mouth. Crowns are needed but financially are not doable. I began my extensive work mid may on upper right side. 4 days later I was in agony. Went back to dentist 3 times and finally root canal process began and temp fillings we're put in. I'm now going next week to have temp filling removed. Hard part is we are moving across the country and I'll have to find a new dentist and start treatment plan all over. Plus financially I'm tapped out through benefits now.

I have never felt so sad and am so scared I'll lose the nerve to follow through upon moving.

Thanks for listening. I just needed an ear with people who understand. My husband just first get it

thank you

I'm a 33 year old mommy of 3 with extensive dental work needed I went to the dentist in April and was so very embarassed. I need extensive work on all four quadrants of my mouth. Crowns are needed but financially are not doable. I began my extensive work mid may on upper right side. 4 days later I was in agony. Went back to dentist 3 times and finally root canal process began and temp fillings we're put in. I'm now going next week to have temp filling removed. Hard part is we are moving across the country and I'll have to find a new dentist and start treatment plan all over. Plus financially I'm tapped out through benefits now.

I have never felt so sad and am so scared I'll lose the nerve to follow through upon moving.

Thanks for listening. I just needed an ear with people who understand. My husband just first get it

thank you
Firstly, Welcome to the Boards! You will find MANY lovely members who have experiences very similar to yours and can sympathize. You already took the biggest step and got started! That's a huge plus! But.... take one step at a time, and tell yourself, each visit, you will get closer to your goal of terrific dental health! :jump: Once you have the temp fillings removed give yourself time to find a new dentist near your new home. There are dentists who will work with you financially. I know its tough, and it seems like everything is hitting you all at once, but put one foot in front of the other (which you already started!), each step will bring you closer to your goal! Best of luck!!

Thank you so much. I have an autoimmune disorder called pemphigoid and when I flare I blister in my mouth. I started avoiding the dentist after my biopsy in mouth for diagnosis. I have been off and on prednisone for
ten years both a pill and oral rinse which I think it's helped contribute to some of my problems. I really appreciate this forum.

Thank you so much. I have an autoimmune disorder called pemphigoid and when I flare I blister in my mouth. I started avoiding the dentist after my biopsy in mouth for diagnosis. I have been off and on prednisone for
ten years both a pill and oral rinse which I think it's helped contribute to some of my problems. I really appreciate this forum.
I completely understand, but checking in with your dentist, will keep things at bay. Perhaps he/she can suggest other means to treat your condition or at best, help with your dental health? The good thing, is you're keeping up on it :) I know how it can seem overwhelming but again, take one step at a time, and with each step, give yourself a pat on the back, youre one step closer to your goal :)

Back