• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Looking the dentist in the eyes...

I

Indigogrl79

Is it weird to be layed back in a dentist chair... Drills making all kind of racket, icky stuff flying here and there.... A guy sitting over you looking down into your mouth while wearing goggles, mask and gloves. And yet your eyes find his and we have an akward moment. God.. He has beautiful eyes and I noticed he missed a spot or two on his neck shaving. Lol am I to weird????? Hope I didn't stare. Hmmmm... My dentist is good looking :redface:

No, I don't think it's *that* weird... But then again, I'm slightly biased seeing as my dentist is also good looking and has beautiful eyes :-* :cloud9:

As I've found, finding a good looking dentist can be an excellent distraction from the fear!! ;D

I did it every time I could possibly do it. Just to make her blush.

Which it did every time. ;)

well iam good looking and have beautiful eyes.

Dave.:)

I did it every time I could possibly do it. Just to make her blush.

Which it did every time. ;)

:ROFLMAO: Yeah, it does work every time.

I like to open my eyes extra wide (only when I'm not having any treatment) and gaze for a few seconds and then maybe flutter my eyelashes a few times :giggle:. I particularly like it when he blushes slightly... He doesn't look away though - perhaps it's some sort of staring match (or he thinks he's got a crazy patient) :rolleyes:.

Haha!

Well, only looking is SAFE and can't really be offensive to anyone. Isn't it weird how some people look hot in scrubs?

;D

Ooh... Don't get me started on scrubs!! Mid blue and tight fitting to show slightly bulging muscles is my preference!! :drool::drool::drool:

I used to think my orthodonist had the most gorgeous blue eyes.

My dentist, I love him and all (he's awesome), but I don't have any form of a crush on him, just thankfulness. :)

Last edited:
I actually very rarely look into his eyes, I guess I’m too shy :redface:. When he speak to me I tend to look somewhere else or on the floor, but at times I do managed to look at him.

He is not hot, but that is not important to me :) . What I care about is that he is gentle and kind :).

I didn't want him to notice me looking at him... So I looked away after making eye contact. I'm too shy! Ekk! Just felt lil bit strange... Because he looks like a average guy, just when he is moving/walking in the room but when I actually made that eye contact I noticed he's goregous!!!!!!! :redface:

Chalk it up as one if those "whoa..." moments

I'm staying out of this one ;)

I'm staying out of this one ;)

:p :p :p

There's a video on YouTube which describes it quite accurately :giggle:.

(Warning: it does contain dental surgery imagery, although it is of the funny rather than scary kind :) )

Last edited:
I did steal a look recently but he was wearing loupes lol. Most of the time I stare at ceiling.

now now girls theres always me iam hansome.

Dave.:)

oh dear god! I have an appointment tomorrow with a brand new dentist for an emergency job! I hope he isn't gorgeous or I might get the hysterical giggles! :censored:

...though I just stare at the moveable light thing over head and concentrate on keeping breathing!

Oh my! I didn't know there were so many people in love with their dentist. :) I usually just shut my eyes and count the seconds in my head until the appt's done. My dentist is old enough to be my grandfather (and I'm in my mid 30s), so not a chance of me getting all googly-eyed over him.

Oh my! I didn't know there were so many people in love with their dentist. :) I usually just shut my eyes and count the seconds in my head until the appt's done. My dentist is old enough to be my grandfather (and I'm in my mid 30s), so not a chance of me getting all googly-eyed over him.

It sounds like you need to get yourself a new, younger dentist! :p One who will make you go :drool::-* ... you'll soon forget about any anxiety ;).

Is it weird to be layed back in a dentist chair... Drills making all kind of racket, icky stuff flying here and there.... A guy sitting over you looking down into your mouth while wearing goggles, mask and gloves. And yet your eyes find his and we have an akward moment. God.. He has beautiful eyes and I noticed he missed a spot or two on his neck shaving. Lol am I to weird????? Hope I didn't stare. Hmmmm... My dentist is good looking :redface:

Beautiful eyes can make you fall in love. Hope my dentist has it too.. ;D

My dentist has beautiful dark brown eyes...the type my mother used to call "come to bed eyes"...I daren't look too often in case he does mind-reading as well as dentistry.

My dentist has beautiful dark brown eyes...the type my mother used to call "come to bed eyes"...I daren't look too often in case he does mind-reading as well as dentistry.

:o Now there's a thought...!!! Maybe they're not looking at our teeth at all :p !

I think I might have to curb my gazing somewhat, although he usually starts it, not me! Trouble is, I can't resist... Depending on the treatment, I can't resist having a quick peek at him. If it's something where I don't want to see anything that's going on, I occupy myself with trying to decide what aftershave he's wearing instead. :rolleyes:

Back