• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Loose teeth/implants

F

fromyesterday

Hi guys. I had osseous surgery last year and again this year and have been going to the dentist consistently every three months.

Yesterday I went again and the hygienist said she noticed my front four were a little loose. Not lose enough to fall out, but she mentioned mobility. I was a little disheartened to hear that, but am trying to remain optimistic. As long as I'm going often can I save these four teeth? I'm so proud that all my pockets are measuring in the 2's/3's, so I'm wondering if I'll be ok as long as I'm diligent.

If it comes down to it I'd want to get implants to replace the teeth. Is it possible to do one at a time? Will there be a hole while waiting for them or...? There's so much information out there that I'm a little overwhelmed. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi guys. I had osseous surgery last year and again this year and have been going to the dentist consistently every three months.

Yesterday I went again and the hygienist said she noticed my front four were a little loose. Not lose enough to fall out, but she mentioned mobility. I was a little disheartened to hear that, but am trying to remain optimistic. As long as I'm going often can I save these four teeth? I'm so proud that all my pockets are measuring in the 2's/3's, so I'm wondering if I'll be ok as long as I'm diligent.

If it comes down to it I'd want to get implants to replace the teeth. Is it possible to do one at a time? Will there be a hole while waiting for them or...? There's so much information out there that I'm a little overwhelmed. Thanks in advance. :)
Congradulations on taking care of your teeth. It is not unusual for lower anterior teeth to be somewhat mobile when you have lost some bone. If the mobility is excessive(ask your dentist) then the dentist can splint the teeth and that will have a tendency to slow loss. Another option if your periodontal disease is under good control is to place implants.
The lower incisors area is the best area to place implants. The bone is so dense that you can usually extract the tooth, place the implant abd walk out with a temporary crown.

That is good to read, thank you so much, comfortdentist!!!!