• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Loose teeth? Very scared of cavities in every tooth!!

S

Senn

I haven't been to the dentist since I was in eigth grade. The last time I was in I had four baby teeth pulled due to the fact they just wouldn't fall out. I never returned because my mom just couldn't afford it. I have never had a cavity but since 7 years have passed I fear the worst.

I feel two of my adult teeth are very slightly loose when I push them with my lip/tongue. Even though my gums are pink and dont bleed. I have recently started flossing ever day again. Could that be it?

I'm terrified to return to the dentist and find that I have cavities in every tooth. I have been up for 24 hours thinking about it and worrying. I'm scared my permanent teeth are going to fall right out of my head. I have nightmares about it every night and find myself crying a lot. I have severe depression and anxiety and I can't stop worrying about it.

I know I have at least one small cavity due to a small indented line/ not quite a crack on the bottom of one of my teeth. But I fear there is more in my molars. Or that the semi loose teeth are just rotted. My teeth aren't yellow but not very white either. Most dont move but some have a very small light brown dot or two on them. Im terrified they are cavities.

I dont want to make an appointment and find out I have 10 fillings needed. I can't afford it all of them.

I'm so worried my teeth will fall out of my head one night. I'm scared to eat or touch them. I dont know what to do from here. Why are my teeth loose, I'm too young for this.

I haven't been to the dentist since I was in eigth grade. The last time I was in I had four baby teeth pulled due to the fact they just wouldn't fall out. I never returned because my mom just couldn't afford it. I have never had a cavity but since 7 years have passed I fear the worst.

I feel two of my adult teeth are very slightly loose when I push them with my lip/tongue. Even though my gums are pink and dont bleed. I have recently started flossing ever day again. Could that be it?

I'm terrified to return to the dentist and find that I have cavities in every tooth. I have been up for 24 hours thinking about it and worrying. I'm scared my permanent teeth are going to fall right out of my head. I have nightmares about it every night and find myself crying a lot. I have severe depression and anxiety and I can't stop worrying about it.

I know I have at least one small cavity due to a small indented line/ not quite a crack on the bottom of one of my teeth. But I fear there is more in my molars. Or that the semi loose teeth are just rotted. My teeth aren't yellow but not very white either. Most dont move but some have a very small light brown dot or two on them. Im terrified they are cavities.

I dont want to make an appointment and find out I have 10 fillings needed. I can't afford it all of them.

I'm so worried my teeth will fall out of my head one night. I'm scared to eat or touch them. I dont know what to do from here. Why are my teeth loose, I'm too young for this.

I'm sorry you are struggling and I understand your worry! I've had crummy teeth since I was a kid. Are you having any pain? If not, that's a very good sign. Also, are the loose teeth on the top or bottom? I think sinus issues and teeth grinding/clenching can make teeth feel loose. Keep up the flossing (gently)!

Your best bet is to go into the dentist and have a thorough exam & x-rays done. He or she can assess what's really going on in there. I swore that I would have a cavity filled tooth in the back (by appearance) and it was nothing. You may have 10 cavities, or you may not have any! Worst case scenario, I'm sure your dentist can work with your family on a payment plan or even offer advice on how you can get coverage (especially since you're so young). You need to have any cavities addresses immediately, because if left untreated, the decay can travel into the nerve... then you'll be in a lot of pain and need a root canal.

Another easy and holistic option you may want to try in the meantime is oil pulling with organic coconut oil-- especially if you can't visit the dentist on a regular basis. Google it. :) I've done some research on this and claims have been made that it can help reverse cavities, strengthen & whiten teeth and kill all the bad bacteria in our mouths. It's worth a shot.

I'm sorry if I haven't been a lot of help, but want you to know you aren't alone! :)