• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

loose teeth with orthodontic molds... terrified

W

whaleperson

I have to get orthodontic molds in two days and I have a very loose tooth, I am absolutely terrified the mold will pulls out the tooth, should I be worried or will it not pull it out, I would like to not lose the tooth but I'm scared the mold will pull it out, will it pull the tooth out?

That is a very common fear! But a very uncommon reality. You would be amazed at how much it takes to rip even a loose tooth from the socket. Molds can create a strong feeling of suction, but that is mostly because they are so closely molded to your gums and teeth, not because they actually have incredible suction powers. The material hardens, it doesn't stick to your teeth. You will be fine.

I needed to get molds done for a bottom denture and I had the same fear about one tooth that was very loose. It was fine!