• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Loose teeth

L

LindzJones

So while i was a teen i didnt really care about my teeth. Of course i regret that now and iv been to the dentist. And i brush twice a day and floss. Iv had loose teeth for a While now. Top two and bottom two in the middle.
I had a deep clean and fillings done yesterday and im worried my teeth will fall out because they are loose. Im still brushing and flossing. Will my gums tighten up now that iv had my deep clean and got all the bad stuff out.

Hi LindzJones,

as you suspect, your gums will need a bit of time to recover and tighten up now that they are free of the damaging backteria. It's good that you are keeping brushing and flossing, this will help your gums to recover faster. As always, if you have any worries and need some extra reassurance, get in touch with your dental practice, they should be happy to answer your questions.

All the best wishes

I go for my deep cleaning on Tuesday and next Tuesday. Were you teeth loose before the cleaning? Im a bit concerned because our situations sound similar.

Im relieved to see im not the only one going through this.
23 havent gotten and cleaning in about a year and when I went to go see my dentist because my top and bottom teeth felt shifted and sensitive he told me I had a lot of calculus build up but didnt mention anything about gum disease. Now im one week post my deep cleaning and my bottom 4 teeth feel loose and shifted. I hope they tighten up soon and do not fall out