• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Loose tooth - can it be saved?

J

JellyBaby

Hi - I've posted before about the ongoing saga with my LL7 molar. Basically, I have chronic gum disease with deep cleaning treatment booked for February. LL7 was re-filled a couple of months ago when my dentist discovered a crack - she is not sure of the extent of it. The tooth has never felt right since - I had it filed down about a month ago - but am still experiencing pain when biting down on it. I have a new cleaning regime since seeing the perio in September and my gums have noticeably improved since then, apart from the gum around this particular tooth. I was having a good old clean this morning and noticed that the tooth is actually moving from side to side. I am really scared now. My dentist doesn't want to do anything irreversible to LL7 until after the perio treatment but that is nearly 3 months away. Is it likely the tooth will fall out in the interim or will I need to have it extracted? How quickly does 'looseness' get worse? Could it get better after the treatment? Thank you for reading.

It won't fall out in the immediate future, it's amazing how loose teeth can get before they actually fall out -)
Apart from that, I can't really answer your other questions without seeing you, sorry.

Back