• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

loose tooth... embarrassed!

P

pixie773

hey everyone.
so... I have a dental appointment tomorrow because one of my teeth (next to my upper front ones!) is loose (I think), probably due to gum disease (although the one that is loose isn't bleeding, but it looks like there's a pocket, so I don't know what's going on there).

I haven't been to the dentist for a year or so, and last time I went he told me that my teeth were in good condition, but things have changed and now they're a disaster :( I've neglected my teeth on and off for years due to depression, but now I feel awful about it and I'm so embarrassed - and terrified in case he tells me that most of my teeth need to be extracted.

I'm only 23, I don't know what to do. Any words of support would be appreciated.

Pixie773,

so sorry you didn't get any replies before your appointment. How did you get through it and what did your dentist say?

Hope all went well..