• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Loose tooth

W

welshlady

Hi. I went to visit my dentist after 5 years.
Dentist examined my teeth. He said there were no cavities or decay. I have lost a few of my back 1s and 1 is very loose. He said just leave it ?! I was expecting him to say he was going to take it out? Also I thought he would advise be about the missing teeth ... he just said I don’t need them. Could you advise please x I have had a deep clean as my gums aren’t too healthy ?

Last edited:
Is the tooth bothering you in any way? If not then it may as well still be there as not...

Don't know what teeth you're missing so can't say if dentures would help or not, do you have problems chewing or eating? As a general rule of thumb, putting in partial dentures to somebody with active gum disease isn't a great idea, as they make it harder to clean the remaining teeth.

Well it is very loose now. I can’t eat on that side. I am just waiting for the day ! I go on holidays next week and I don’t think it will last. Just surprised he didn’t take it out. After my deep clean it has left a gap inbetween my front 2 teeth. I am going to a private dentist tomorrow to enquire about composite bonding. Just a consultation. I am guessing I will have to wait until my gums are healthy again. Debating if I should cancel ? Your thoughts. Thank you.

Could you ask the private dentist tomorrow what s/he thinks regarding the loose tooth? It sounds as if it is bothering you a lot.

Yes. Can do. Good idea ! Would they consider composite bonding if there is still an active issue with my gums?
Tia.

I have no idea but please let us know how you get on! Good luck for your appointment today :)!