• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lose implant

T

tazey

So not the best timing at all,1 of my bottom implants is lose what do I do? I'm guessing it needs tightening asap but I've no way of getting to the hospital.

So not the best timing at all,1 of my bottom implants is lose what do I do? I'm guessing it needs tightening asap but I've no way of getting to the hospital.
No need to go to a hospital. You can go to a dentist and get a diagnose about why does it feel lose. Most probebly that also a general practitioner will be able to solve it.

That's where my implants were done+been told nowhere else will touch them,except it's miles away+I somehow have to get there tomorrow because then it's the weekend then I'm supposed to be going away then it's xmas. All this wouldn't be happening if they'd just covered them like I said,what's the point in getting them when your still left hanging 7mths later? Why would it suddenly become lose?

Is the implant loose or the healing cap on top loose? The cap is an easy fix. Even if they told you no one else would touch them, I’m sure any dentist would be able to do a quick tightening of the cap. I have had mine tightened a few times.

Not sure hopefully just the cap ? I've asked+they won't he's left me in a really awkward situation now where I'm forced to go there even tho I don't drive. I don't even have any diazepam to take. ?

I"m so sorry you are going through this Tazey,, having something lose like that would drive me crazy. agh.

At 7 months out looseness without pain is most likely a loose healing cap. They are right handed threads. Twist clockwise and it will tighten. This is be done with your fingertips if you are agile. It will buy time before getting it properly tightened. It might feel tight on the gums when its done.

Too late it's come off about an hour ago (whilst I was washing my hair) I'm assuming it's the cap ? I was told to go down in the morning (will try+fit me in between people) so can't do much about it till then. Will being uncovered so long be an issue?

The longer its off the more pressure on your gum when its put back in. The gum will adjust to it after awhile.

Well it's nearly 1am can't get there till 10am.

Glad they will be able to fit you in at all, nobody needs implant troubles and definitely not shortly before holidays. May they fix it quickly and sending you well wishes for the journey there as well, sounds like it will be quite a bit of a challenge. Let us know how it went.

Well it's supposedly been fixed he used numbing gel (can't say I'm keen on that) but it still hurt,in fact it's been rather painful since we left. ? He mentioned injection (again) yeah not a chance what part of I've not had any diazepam doesn't he get,it's hell trying to sit there. Just hope this pain he's caused goes soon.

Well done, tazey, having gone through this without diazepam is a huge achievment, give yourself a pat on the back. Glad it's been fixed and keeping my fingers crossed for the pain to subside soon.

Thanks but don't know how to deal with the next appointment he's got far more planned for that one,just don't want to do any of it anymore.

Sorry to read about how discouraged you feel. When is the next appointment planned? I see things are getting too much, but also see how far you have come. From reading your posts it sounds like your treatment is done soon, isn't it?

Sorry to read about how discouraged you feel. When is the next appointment planned? I see things are getting too much, but also see how far you have come. From reading your posts it sounds like your treatment is done soon, isn't it?
Not till end of jan,my appointments are jan,feb+march but I don't see it being done by then.

I am glad you got it fixed! When I had mine “tested” it was sore afterwards from gums getting pinched between the healing cap and the implant/gum area.
March may seem a ways off, but it is short in comparison to what you have already been through! I am estimated to get my implant crowns at the end of March and I can’t wait to be able to chew again! I am also not looking forward to the shots and uncovering of the implants to test them, then more stitches again, but I keep reminding myself that at the end of all this I will have the ability to chew again.

I am glad you got it fixed! When I had mine “tested” it was sore afterwards from gums getting pinched between the healing cap and the implant/gum area.
March may seem a ways off, but it is short in comparison to what you have already been through! I am estimated to get my implant crowns at the end of March and I can’t wait to be able to chew again! I am also not looking forward to the shots and uncovering of the implants to test them, then more stitches again, but I keep reminding myself that at the end of all this I will have the ability to chew again.
I can guarantee it won't be finished in march,good luck for yours I'm sure they'll look amazing I wish I could think it would all be worth it.

I can guarantee it won't be finished in march,good luck for yours I'm sure they'll look amazing I wish I could think it would all be worth it.

The worst part of yours is over, though. You have had the surgery and the implants. The next step will be the teeth. Yes, there will be a lot of back and forth stuff before they actually get put in, since they will have to do impressions and fittings but hopefully you will be done by March.

I don’t know that I will like mine or not. It will feel weird and not-tooth like at first. I have only ever had one crown and it never did feel right. I hated the way it looked (big and bulky) but it was a back upper molar and didn’t show. Now it is gone. I am sure I will have difficulty adjusting to implants as well, especially the front tooth. I already hate the way my gums above the extracted tooth look. The flipper looks fine from a distance but up close there is an obvious gap between the fake tooth and my gums, plus it is forward from my other teeth, as my natural tooth was crooked. I have a hard time picturing how the implant will “fit” with my gum line and other teeth. However, at the end of the day, I will be grateful to have teeth again and be free of infection, and able to eat!
I know you have hard a hard time of it with these implants, but try not to get so bogged down with negativity. It will take over. You have to just focus on the things you will be able to do afterwards.

Back