• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

lost filling

D

dad1978

So I was at the dentist yesterday for my Invisalign 6 week check up and they found a lost filling (I was not aware it was gone). It isn't causing pain. And the dentist said it was a small filling. He said I can wait until my cleaning on March 23 (5 weeks from now).

Is this too long to wait? I hate getting fillings, but I also don't like knowing it's just sitting there like that.

So I was at the dentist yesterday for my Invisalign 6 week check up and they found a lost filling (I was not aware it was gone). It isn't causing pain. And the dentist said it was a small filling. He said I can wait until my cleaning on March 23 (5 weeks from now).

Is this too long to wait? I hate getting fillings, but I also don't like knowing it's just sitting there like that.
Sounds like a reasonable advise. If you want to be on the safe side, you can ask for an x Ray just to be on the safe side.

Sounds like a reasonable advise. If you want to be on the safe side, you can ask for an x Ray just to be on the safe side.

Thank you so much for responding. I know I will get x-rays at my cleaning appt in March.

So waiting 5 weeks for both the x-ray and the replacement filling is ok?

This is the 3rd dentist I've had recently (partly due to covid and them having to shuffle people around). So I just want to be sure I am getting the correct care.

Back