• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lost my bite after filling - recommend dentist (NHS)

L

Lu2014

Please recommend a dentist who can help, got a filling and lost my bite.

I started grinding and clenching my teeth over the last 18 months apparently tension/stress cause ofunemployed and cannot get a job. Two top molars broke, I got a mouthguard for the grinding. I also got a filling in December then lost my bite, the dentist I see told me there has been movement on one the tooth which has a now lowered position – grinding with a mouthguard, with teeth which are out of normal alignment is a such pain, the guard is full of blood in the morning, so I have stopped using it. I have neck pain and shoulder pain. The tooth that got filled has also become very sensitive.

All the dentist I have researched and contacted whose websites indicating they can provide bite correction, teeth movement support only do so for private patients. The dentist I see has had a look told me there is nothing he can do about this situation.

Can anyone recommend any dentist who will offer treatment on the NHS, I am also phobic, my stomach gets very sick.

No response from any corner.

“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.” - Bible: King James Version

...and yet!

'Keep your hearts in peace; let nothing in this world disturb it: everything has an end.'

St John of the Cross(1542-1591)

I feel so bad for you! I've been grinding my teeth too. I just got a night guard. I live in Florida, so I can't help with a recommendation for a dentist.
Good luck! :clover::clover:

Please recommend a dentist who can help, got a filling and lost my bite.

I started grinding and clenching my teeth over the last 18 months apparently tension/stress cause ofunemployed and cannot get a job. Two top molars broke, I got a mouthguard for the grinding. I also got a filling in December then lost my bite, the dentist I see told me there has been movement on one the tooth which has a now lowered position – grinding with a mouthguard, with teeth which are out of normal alignment is a such pain, the guard is full of blood in the morning, so I have stopped using it. I have neck pain and shoulder pain. The tooth that got filled has also become very sensitive.

All the dentist I have researched and contacted whose websites indicating they can provide bite correction, teeth movement support only do so for private patients. The dentist I see has had a look told me there is nothing he can do about this situation.

Can anyone recommend any dentist who will offer treatment on the NHS, I am also phobic, my stomach gets very sick.

I like you started grinding and had a mouth guard made, I noticed my bite off after I had tooth number 4 extracted. I got my bite back by putting my tongue between my front teeth several times a day, it relaxes the jaw, I also massage my jaw several times a day, its time for serious meditation and talk to your doctor about medications for grinding, amitriptyline is said to stop it, check out other causes such as low magnesium as well. Its been 7 months and last night when I put the guard in my jaw felt different, it didn't feel as tight and I think I had my first night of no grinding, will find out tonight if it feels the same. I am not going to give up and I will find out why I am grinding until then I am aware of my tight jaw during the day and I force it to relax. I also went and had massage done on my neck and shoulders and I noticed it helped 100 fold, if you can find a student for low cost, you'll see stress release. Don't give up, keep digging at it. We will find the answer.

Back