• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Love's Journey

I honestly ignored the eating and lived on soup but I was actively dieting so didn't push myself. Dentures are a god send for weight loss!

The talking, I described like this; your mind knows what you want to say and you try. Eventually you learn to link the 2 so your mind thinks and your mouth does it's best to respond. It sounds slow and it will seem it to you at first, but it gets faster. Like normal speed faster, and understandable. Your tongue takes on a life of it's own. "Hey, I'm talking, stop trying to poke around everywhere" It's (from what I gather) completely natural. Everyone says time is a great healer.... I know it's generally aimed at loss of a person, but teeth, it works for too!

I cannot thank my dentist enough for the life that a denture has given me. I will promise you this, in a week, you'll feel the same. Just keep smiling.

I thought I would update my journal. I have to go back on May 1rst. Still get nervous each time I go there, but I am guessing that's normal, The last few days I was craving chill and I manged to eat it lol.

Got tired of other stuff I guess and I needed flavor LOL Chili happens to be one of my favorite things to eat. LOL. Seriously though miss my burgers and other foods but hopefully I'll be able to eat those soon. I just wanted to update everyone and let them know how I am doing.

Well I am off. I am not sure I will update again until after my next appointment we'll see. Until then I am going to be doing something to get my mind off the next appointment

Well I am going back to the dentist tomorrow. I go from being okay to getting nervous. Don't know why after how many times I went to see him? Oh well I'll rely on my reading of fanfiction to get me through the rest of the night!

All I know is I'll be glad when this is all done and over. I've been trying to write for the last few hours. Nothiing though. Hopefully I'll be able to do so soon. I may go play a game on facebook to calm me down. LOL wow I haven't played one of those besides candy crush in a while and even that was a while for me.

Well I am off now! And I will let you guys know it went tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow. I hope all goes well and look forward to your update.

Seriously though miss my burgers and other foods but hopefully I'll be able to eat those soon.

I feel your pain. I just had my first 7 extractions 2 days ago and i'm craving something solid!

I've had mushy baby food, finely chopped 5 buck box from taco bell, chopped up chicken from popeye's, or ramen noodle/veggie/hot dog mush melody but I want something more! And I STILL Have the rest of the extractions(should be another 7, UGH) that need to be done plus a couple fillings next week and I can FINALLY get my partials and that'll mean even longer b4 I can start doing solids again. ARGH!

I'm back! It wasn't that bad and I go back at four.

I am back and everything is much better! Still difficult to do some things like eating it was difficult to do but I did it and felt strange and I feel weird! He remade the denture for me and I am so happy he did. I go back on July 30th!

Well I have the denture out because after I post this, I'm going to bed if i can get to sleep,. I truly am so much happier with these. And things are getting better. I believe my talking is improving. :) I can't believe that it was last month that I had oral surgery and now have a denture. Still feeling like a dream lol,

I have got other things on my mind, just been busy writing. I don't remember the last time I wrote that much before. I also haven't played very many games either lol. May do so being since I can't sleep and have no idea why i can't sleep. Must be all the excitement. Well I am off for now.

I feel your pain. I just had my first 7 extractions 2 days ago and i'm craving something solid!

I've had mushy baby food, finely chopped 5 buck box from taco bell, chopped up chicken from popeye's, or ramen noodle/veggie/hot dog mush melody but I want something more! And I STILL Have the rest of the extractions(should be another 7, UGH) that need to be done plus a couple fillings next week and I can FINALLY get my partials and that'll mean even longer b4 I can start doing solids again. ARGH!

This link may help you to get something tasty and soft to eat

:butterfly:

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been updating much. I just wanted to update you guys on my progress. Today I went out and showed off my new smile! LOL. I haven't wanted to go out except to the dentist when I had to. Of course it was just to walmart but I felt good being able to smile and not hiding my teeth.

I also I really am starting to hang the hang out of talking and eating with the denture. Just feels a bit odd though. I can't believe how freaked out i was by the whole thing and here I am sitting with the denture in.

Well done I am glad things are getting better for :jump::jump::jump:

One day soon your teeth will feel like they have always been there :butterfly:

Hello. Everyone. Again I apologize for not updating sooner. I do come on here lurk. Just not posting very much. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday. But today I'm feeling great. Oh and I ate a few fries with my denture in. I didn't finish them all though. But I am just happy I did it.

It's still a bit of challenge but I did it. I'm going to see spider man with my boyfriend on Wednesday. I can go out not worry what people are thinking of my teeth. I actually enjoy leaving my house now! Whoa never thought I'd say that.

Well I'm off. It seemed like a small thing that I wanted to tell about, but I was happy I did it.

It's a MASSIVE thing :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::respect::respect::respect: DO IT AGAIN :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::yayy::yay::yay::yay::butterfly:

Hi Loves,

How wonderful you made the appointment and opened a journal post about it.
Will you have the chance to talk with the dentist on the phone or even better in person, before the appointment?
It could make a great difference. In the end, the dental situation involves two persons, the dentist and the person. The interpersonal connection is the most crucial factor, especially when dealing with a fearful patient.
If you two will manage to build a trustful relationship, you will over come the past trauma, and you will have eventually a healthy beautiful smile, as you deserve.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I too have had terrible experiences while growing up, and the search for the "right" dentist has been discouraging. I had found at least two potential dentist with kind personalities but I seem to freak out and walk out at the signs of them "setting/planning future appointments" or saying "want for me to work on it now":o ...yes that was my thought face.

However I am hopeful for a new smile, that I so longed for. Any suggestion to my near death emotions, and despairs of next procedure, which is root canal ?

Hello!

Things with the denture are still going great! Things keep getting better and better. I don't think I'll be posting on here very much anymore though. I made through it! And I am making progress and I'm so proud of myself. I can't thank the friends I've made enough on here.

I will be on here reading and stuff. Just not posting much unless I have something to post. I haven't been around all that much because I have been busy. I just wanted to let everyone know things are still greating!

Loves

Hello! Everyone! Just wanted to check in. I have gotten used to my denture. Although a few days ago or more like weeks ago I accidentally used too much fixodent. lol. silly me. As if that weren't bad enough I almost did it again! LOL You would think I'd learn my lesson by now?

I went to to eat today. I have my denture out now but i am so happy I have gotten used to them, I just wanted to update everyone since I haven't been on here in a long while.

I'm off for now. I'll be back soon or when I have something else to report.

Hello this is really good to read, I am pleased as punch for you, onward and upward :yayy::yayy::yayy::perfect::yay::claps::butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

Not much else to report. Except my next dentist appointment is on the 30th ugh. Dreading this one though. I thought i would just drop in. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hello everyone. Well next week is the dreaded appointment. I'm hoping when I go back they tell me I don't have to come back until December then I have to go back to my regular dentist for a cleaning in October. My little brother has been here visiting.

I just wanted to check in. I'll be back later or next week!

Hello everyone.

I hope everyone is doing well. Next Wed is going to be such a long day. I have an appointment then my little brother has one of his own. Honestly just wish they would have made the appointment for this week so i could get it over.

I like my dentist. I do it's just I always dread going there. I went back and looked at my journal when first started. I just can't believe how freaked out I was and it wasn't even that bad! But hey if i can help someone with this then that is wonderful! I'm feeling more and more positive each day. So Let's keep your fingers crossed I don't have to go back until December

Well I am off for now!

Back