• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Love's Journey

Just got back from running errands. Just trying to get my mind off next week. Like I said. Next Wed is going to be along day. First my appointment then my brothers. Who knows how long we're actually going to be going out?

Been playing the game Bakery Story on my phone. Helps me get my mind off the next appointment, I don't know why I am still so nervous if all the oral surgery is over with. Let's just hope this is my last one until December. I am just so sick of these appointments. Well I am off. I'll update before and after my appoinment next week.

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well still not looking forward to next week. Can't wait to get the rest of this over with. Just thought I would check in because after watching my show I am going to bed. I am not sure I'll be writing in this journal tomorrow.

I don't know why I am so nervous of going back. Maybe it's because I haven't seen them since May so that can add to that. I'll just be glad when they tell me I don't have to come back for a while. I am think they will since when I went in there in May told Me JUly so now let's hope they say December

Then I have another appointment in October. That one with my regular dentist I am not so worried about but then again that may change in September. I wish both of my sisters could with but they can't because they'll both be at work.

Well I am off now

Just fished eating lunch. Had some chicken. I can't tell you how good it feels to get back to eating what I have normally would be eating. On the brightest notes I can eat cheeseburgers again. lol.

I don't have much to report. Just wanted to write in my journal. I can't believe how July will be over pretty soon. That means it will be getting closer to another appointment for my regular dentist which I am dreading. I like both of my dentist it's just that I always dread these appointments. Well I am off for now. I'll try to write in and before after the appointment. Just can't wait to get this over

It's coming up on my next appointment. I am dreading it. I don't know why if it's just to see how I am doing. I just want all these appointments over with as I keep saying anyway good news is my boyfriend and little brother may go with me.

I am still doing really well the denture. LOL Listen to me brag. Hey I think I have earned bragged rights don't you? LOL:innocent:

Okay I am off now to finish up my writing and other stuff I need to do. It's great that this place exist and I feel very lucky to have found it and made wonderful friends along the way.

Well tomorrow is another day back at the dentist. On top of that I'm not feeling well. I sure hope I feel well enough to go through this appointment tomorrow. I am doing to be disappointed if they want me back there before December so i am keeping my fingers crossed. Good thing is my boyfriend is going with me and my dad to this one. He didn't get to go with the day of the Oral surgery because had to work.

I'm wondering if they are going to call to remind me of my appointment. I guess I am going to have to wait and see.

I'll be back on tomorrow before and after to post.

Yep they called to confirm it. Oh gosh! Every time I get nervous/anxious waiting for these appointments

Last edited:
Well today is the day I go back. Ugh I can't wait to get this over with. I'll write and let you guys know how it went. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that i don't have to go back again for awhile lol.

Just got back and they put on a soft reliner. I go back October 14th for my final which is what he called them lol. Yeah I don't have to go back until October :respect: I don't know why I put that little guy there. Well I am off for my brother's appointment next
Loves

Last edited:
Hello! I thought i would just pop in to say hello. I have two more appointments coming up next month.. Worried about those but that's when I get my finals which what my OS called them lol. Everything is going well and still looking up. I'll be out of town during the week of Halloween going to spend sometime with my mum. I'm looking forward to do that. We have a tradition where we spend Halloween together. Well I am off now thought I'd stop by since I haven't posted since July!

Hi everyone.

So tomorrow's my dentist appointment. That is if I even get there. :/ One good thing about tomorrow being next month is that I get my finals as my OS called them, lol. I just thought I would write in and see how everyone was doing. Wow! I can't believe that tomorrow is October already. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting here in April scared of the extractions. I can't believe how fast time flies.

I may write in tomorrow after my appointment. I'll have to see how well everything goes. Hopefully after I get my finals the OS won't want to see me for a while. Well I'm off for today.

Good luck for tomorrow :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::butterfly:

Thanks Carole. I can't believe today is October. Goodness pretty soon I'll have to be worry about Christmas gifts and all. lol. I can't believe how early I am up. I'm going to try and write in when I get back. I honestly just can't wait for this to be over. One good thing is I get finals this month. I'm off for now.

Okay I'm back.

The dental practice had moved. So I ended up being five minutes late. I had a cleaning fluoride treatment and a cavity filled. It went by pretty fast. To think i was so nervous. I'm just so glad that it's over with. I have to call back in April for my next cleaning.

The dental nurse told my sister I was a pleasure. I even got to talk to her about Hockey. I'm just glad it's over with now all i have to do is looking forward to October 14th. And then I can think of Halloween with my mom. I'm off now.

I am glad your appointment went well and that you now have until next year until you need to go back. Enjoy your :halloweendance::broomstick2::):halloweendance::butterfly:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today has not been going the way I would like it too. I went to my OS today and so excited that I'd be getting my final. Guess what? Nope. Instead they're taking out the soft reline and working on them. So guess what that means? It means I go back to next month! Ugh I am frustrated and disappointed! Should I even been feeling this way?

On top of that, I got into a fight with my dad this morning. He just does not understand how I feel to be seen without my teeth. At home it's okay but come on really in public? It never bothered me before I got my teeth fixed sure it did but not this much. Well I am off for now. I have to go back at 2:30

Update: So I am back, took about forever. LOL. They took the soft reline out and put in a hard reline. So I go back October 28th for my finals. That means I can't spend Halloween with my mom but i told her i would stay with her after Christmas and we can spend the New Year's together. She was all of that idea. LOL. Well I am off for now.

Last edited:
I went back today. And I am all finished. They gave my temporaries back for back up and a new denture brush and box. I told them I was going to miss them. I know i can't believe i said it either lol. I also gave them a card and they liked it. They said I can go back and visit.

I can't believe when I started this whole February how freaked out I was. It seems like it took forever for me to get here and guess what? I'm here and happy. Not only that I have my confidence back.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to be sticking around, I may just because I have some great friends here.

Hey guys!

It's been a while. I'm doing really well been going out to eat and everything! I have to make an appointment with my regular dentist. I've had a lot going on liking breaking up with my boyfriend and getting back together, went to my mom's over Christmas and got back on March 1

I just wanted to update everyone how I've been. I hope everyone is doing okay. I've been coming on here reading posts, just now posting very much, I'll post after i make my appointment. I'm off for now

Loves

Well done I am glad things are getting better for :jump::jump::jump:

One day soon your teeth will feel like they have always been there :butterfly:

for me, that'll probably be only when they invent the ability to regrow real teeth of if one day, i find a denturist guy who's willing to recreate my old teeth in denture form. Been a year since i made the mistake of starting my journey and at this point, i point blank refuse to wear the partials anymore often then i have to. Standing at every 8th day so mom won't start the "if you don't wear them, your teeth could shift.

I hate the way they look, i hate the way they feel, i hate the problems i have eating with them, i have ZERO confidence with them in. Without them in, i feel closer to my old self and unless i have a "why did i do this" episode; i feel a lot better.

Hey

guys! Once again I apologize for not being around. My gums are so sore because I've had my denture in most of the day as I've been running around my with sister. I found sea-bond. I actually prefer to fixodent,

At least i don't have to worry about the lingering taste. Gross and then it gets stuck on my gums, and then if you accidentally put too much on there of course the denture gets stuck lol. So yeah i love the sea- bond the only thing is it's time consuming to cute it down but i prefer it. Of course i know i just because i prefer it doesn't mean everyone else will.

We just celebrate my sister's birthday two days ago and I've been busy with my writing. I'm trying to write in here when i have something to share with you guys. I'm off for now.

Hey,everyone!

I know I haven't been around, been busy. Denture is lose again, but I don't want to go back to the dentist. So for now, I'm using sea bond. I thought once I had my denture, all my fears would be gone. But nope. I constantly fearing I'm going to break it or a tooth will break off. AH! I even have dreams about it happening. But anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well. Missed you guys!

Hi it is very nice to see you back. Funny (not) how our minds play with us. I hope you and your teeth stay well and in one piece until you do get back to see your dentist. :butterfly:

Thanks Carole!

I've told my dad about my denture being lose, but i think i may have to pay now for adjustments. I don't mind for now anyway. It's been over a year i had my denture and like i said, i figured things would get easier, but nope. I guess others take time getting used to them, huh? Until then, my mind will be off it. I am looking forward to the Holidays. i finished all my shopping early. I know, really early. lol. I just want to get it out of the way. I always do it early, anyway. Well, I'm off for now. I may write in tomorrow. I don't know yet.

Back