• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Love's Journey

Ugh! So much stress!

I do believe i am stressing myself out with this worry and fear of something happening to my denture. I don't know how to get over it. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I am not even sure what to call it! On the bright side, I may being going to Indiana to see my mom for Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone!

I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving. Although, I am still not sure if we're going to mom mom's or staying in. There's snow on the ground, so I had to be careful not to fall. lol. I went to the store with my dad and yes, had to put sea bond on my denture. I swear I love that stuff. I will never ever go back to fixodent. So, I want to send my OS a Holiday card. Just not sure what I'm going to say.

Hey,

Everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed their thanksgiving, i know i enjoyed mine. The food and dessert was good and I'm looking forward to Christmas. We got Guinea pigs today! They were my sister's ex boyfriends, but he gave them to us. i thought that was this. Their names are Oreo and Brownie. They're just so adorable. Now, we have three pets. A cat and two and Guinea pigs.

I used to have two dogs and one cat but sadly, my two dogs passed on. Yeah, I'm rambling now. I've just been really happy and no more dental dreams! Yay!

Well, I'm off for now.

Hey!

I have been busy here. We had two more guinea pigs to our family. Cookie and Peanut. I got Cookie for Christmas. Okay, you guys are not going to believe what I did yesterday! I walked right out of the house without my denture in. i put the sea bond on and then left them. That was one of my biggest fears.

I went shopping with my dad and on my way home, I noticed I did not have my teeth in! from now on, I am making extra sure i put them in before i leave, lol. I am sure i am the only person this has happened to though.

Hello! It's been a long time. I've had a loss in my family in October. My denture has been doing great until it wasn't lol so I'll be going back on April 6 and I am still so nervous! I'm getting a realignment for my denutre. This also a new dentiist I guess the one I had in 2014 moved or something but I do like this new one. Well I am off for now.

I am not happy! I don't like this dentist new feamle dentist at all. I went back and got the reliner but the thing is I am not sure if I'm suppoused to feel the denture at the back of my throat it's not choking me or anything just odd and feels a bit too tight on one of the side of my gums while the other one is fine so when I asked her to adjust it a little she looked at me like I was crazy! And then when I said nevermind I can get used to it she was lke are you sure. Hello you just acted like I was nuts lol. I miss the old dentist. Hopefully I won't have to go back for awhile though.

I do kind of miss the male dentist. Sorry for my rant. Hope everyone i doing well

Hello.

How is everyone? It's been a long time since I've been here. Back in October 28, I got my permanent denture and then two years October 29th 2016 my brother passed away. I'm missing him so much,but I hope he was proud of me for doing what I was afraid of doing. Getting my teeth fixed and I'm happy he got to see me do it,but I miss him,

I'm sorry I haven't been around. On April 11th was the four year anniversary of my oral surgery. I think back to the time and think of how freaked out I was about it.

I have to say though,that i'm so thankful I had this outlet to write down my fears and worries.

Somethings have been great. I'm now poet for the horror community,had a book published and then entered a poetry contest.

It's not the same without my brother though. I wish he was here and wonder if he'd be proud of me. I hope he would be. Anyway, I just wanted update you guys and hope you guys are doing well.

Hello!

How are you? I believe I mentioned something here a while back how I like to write poetry, I hope it's okay if I post two of my poems. One's for my brother and and another is a poem for someone else who I recently found out passed away,

IWish
Iwish for you back every single day
We still had so much leftto say
It's not an easy fight
And whenpeople ask me I still try to be to polite
But all I want to do isscream
This is a bad dream
I wish for you backevery single day
We still had so much we never got to say
Istill pray for your calls
Just so I can hear your voice onemore time
There's something I hope you always knew
Justhow much we loved you and still do
I wish for you back everysingle day
There's still so much more we had to say
I'llalways wish for you back every single day

I'm So Sorry

I'm so sorry we didn't talk more
I truly wish we had
I got the chance to support you andyour talent
And for that I'm glad
I'm so sorry
Without you the world seems a darkerplace
I'm so sorry for the troubles you hadto face
I'm so sorry I didn't pay moreattention
I truly wish I had
I got the chance to support you andyour talent
And for that I'mglad

Writing poetry has been very therapeutic for me. I hope you guys are doing okay.

This is so beautiful and deeply felt..You put significant loss into a very tangible way , one can feel the depth of the loss and importance! Thank you for sharing... !

Hi,

I can't believe it! Four years of my denture is coming up soon. I may have to call to make an appointment soon as my gums hurt when I wear them,but I can deal with a bit of discomfort. I'm happy as long as the denture isn't lose. That's the main worry I always have lol.

I'm just afraid of going back. Last time I went back and told the new dentist the places where they needed to be adjusted,she looked me like I was crazy. My brother went there a few year before he passed away and said he heard them talking about him and saying he's not putting the bridge in right. I didn't really like her. It wasn't that she was mean. It's just the way she handled things. It really made me miss my original OS.

Oh, and I also sometimes still have those dreams about me breaking my denture. When this happens I wake up to run and make sure my denture is okay. Lol.

It was a journey of fear and then excitement. I still really love my denture.

I hope you are all doing well!

Back