• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lower block anesthetic is not as bad as I imagined

Also for my endo I looked for reviews dealing with anxiety.. and found a few on the guy I chose. it was a really good sign and the way he treated me was very consistant with the reviews that he was good with anxious patients.

Have you tried FB'ing some offices. I had met some really nice and very caring dentists that way. matter a fact. I was fbing and 3 dentists themselves had very nice conversations with me on a weekday evening after office hours, just reassuring and encouraging me to come in and they want to help and wouldn't judge and I went in to meet two of those and if I hadn't found my current dentist there is no doubt I would go with one of them. and have recommended them to others . so... that I felt was a very non threatening way to reach out to dental offices. and then get a really good feeling about them at the meet and great they offered at no charge.. it helps to go in and not worry about doing any treatment but just to meet and see if you can work with them and how you connect. Sometimes people don't have time for this step between . but I do highly recommend it :).
yep.. Here is 2 PM and I haven't made a call yet... I keep avoiding this to the DEATH OF ME.. Why can't I stomach up the courage to do this... I can't thank you all enough though. I wouldn't even be this far without y'all.. just feel like im still not where i need to be of course ;/

didnt go through wiith it.. hopefully tomorrow

You are farther today than yesterday :) every step is a step closer.

You are farther today than yesterday :) every step is a step closer.
I just can't make the progress I need to make, but I've kinda deep down been wanting the pain to come back, so I force myself to call lol.. The pains coming back today, so if this keeps up ill have no choice. Kinda bad logic, and not a type of thinking I want to continue in my life after I get this fixed.. There's also a tooth next to it with a giant cavity on the side. could that be fixed with a filling?

There's also a tooth next to it with a giant cavity on the side. could that be fixed with a filling?

Hard to say...if there is enough tooth structure left to support the filling, than yes...if not, it could possibly need a crown.

In my experience, the lower block (the injection itself) has never really bothered me except I have had a harder time getting numb on my lower teeth. I think I might be wired weird because I never get numb on the bottom teeth on the first try...but that happens a lot on my top teeth too. I’d say 30% of the time on top and 80% of the time on bottom, I do not get fully numb on the first attempt. My dentist and I got into an argument once because I wanted the lower block injection and she didn’t want to give it to me because she said I didn’t need it (it was a very shallow filling) but I refused to believe her. I ended up going without it because she was a bit sneaky and kind of faked me out BUT she didn’t hurt me so that’s what matters. When I told her I wanted it, she sorta acted like she agreed to give it to me but then didn’t and only gave me topical and didn’t say anything til we were done. I actually had to ask her at the end if she injected me and she said “nope....I didn’t NEED to!” :sneaky:

Ugh.. I need to get this done.. :(

Back