• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lower Wisdom Tooth Extraction

P

phsgirl

I have two lower wisdom teeth. I had my upper one out with local and it wasn't awful at all. Has anyone had a lower wisdom tooth out with local? I think that can be done, but I'm freaking out it will be much worse than the upper one. I have a HUGE phobia of getting my lower wisdom teeth out. And I don't want an IV, that terrifies me. I have to do it with local.

Hi. I've never had my wisdom teeth out bit next Tuesday that will change. I too am having an upper one and been putting off for 27 months. You said the upper required local and you did good right? I think it may be the same for the bottom too. Several people in this forum have had all 4 with only a local. Can you take Ativan or mild sedatives? I am taking those just for a local. You are more stronger then you realize as you did it one time. Ask the dentist for the gas. Some swear by that. I have 3 ivs for other procedures so I understand your fears. But they just put you in a twilight state and when done, you come back. On,y you are tired and just rest the rest of the day. So my question...how was the upper? Take care and let me know. I thin discussing this with your dentist helps too.

I have two lower wisdom teeth. I had my upper one out with local and it wasn't awful at all. Has anyone had a lower wisdom tooth out with local? I think that can be done, but I'm freaking out it will be much worse than the upper one. I have a HUGE phobia of getting my lower wisdom teeth out. And I don't want an IV, that terrifies me. I have to do it with local.

I feel so much better now! I went to see a new oral surgeon b/c mine retired:( She said I can get my lower wisdom teeth out one at a time and that I won't be in agony with local. yay!

So how was upper? I'm having this done next Tuesday...

So how was upper? I'm having this done next Tuesday...
Don't worry, the upper one was a breeze. it literally came out in under a minute and the discomfort was minimal. For me, the worst part was worrying about it for months. I felt so much better once I got it extracted. Good luck!

27 months of horrible life altering worry for me. Thanks...

Don't worry, the upper one was a breeze. it literally came out in under a minute and the discomfort was minimal. For me, the worst part was worrying about it for months. I felt so much better once I got it extracted. Good luck!

Back