• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

lump back of gum

M

Mely77

hi
I have a small soft lump on the back of my gum under my bottom left tooth 3 one in near the beginning of my tongue it's not hurting but is stinging a tiny bit. is it possible it's just an ulcer I've had abscesses before and they are deeply painful and I'm frightened of getting another one I'm in Birmingham all day tomorrow hundreds of miles from home in London. it woukdnt swell up under my tongue and restrict my breathing would it. I'm. touching it with my tongue and it feels like a soft little bump. I've tried really hard not to let my dental fears get the better of me but I can feel the panic coming back
so sorry any help or advice I'd be so greatful.

If you'd post a good picture of it we could probably give you a better idea of what is going on. Just based on your description, it could be a lot of different things.

If it is an abscess (hopefully not!) it is extremely unlikely to cause breathing problems. While that does happen occasionally, it is very rare. If you notice major swelling or difficulty breathing, see any dentist or doctor and they'll get you on an antibiotic quick.

it's in such an awkward place it's hard for me to get a camera anywhere near it. what could it be ? I have terrible health anxiety and I'm worried what might happen

it's in such an awkward place it's hard for me to get a camera anywhere near it. what could it be ? I have terrible health anxiety and I'm worried what might happen

how do I attach a picture ?

this is the best I could get sorry it's the round lump.near the extraction site

Attachments

• 20170209_175944.jpg
    20170209_175944.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 24
it's now hurting like a throbbing a dull.sort of aching throb

Back