• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Lump On Lower Gums -- I'm Terrified!

A

Ahhh2

I posted, elsewhere about this issue but I felt myself writing long drawn out fears so I started my own diary to document the "progress" of my mouth lumps/sores.

Hopefully someone else with my issue can be helped in the future like I have been, here.

I had an account here called "ahhh" that documented my tooth extraction journey but I forgot the password =( so I created ahhh2.

I am starting to panic now because the lump seems to be getting bigger by the day, another gum ulcer has now shown up which is giving me hell when I eat, and whenever I open my mouth wide, my neck on the other side of my face hurts so much.

I have also been feeling kind of sick lately like just a general sickness. I have been told I had PCOS to make matters worse.

I am trying so hard not to panic but I'm really scared I'm sicker than what I think..... some things are just not seeming great...and have not for awhile now. I have been told I had cysts and etc in my body for a year or so now & last year, I had something attacking my pancreas...and my radiology report (or whatever it's called) showed quite a few enzymes were destroyed.

Since I went to the ER though, they of course couldn't tell me more. Last time I went, they prescribed me Motrin for bone inflammation but I never found out why my bones are becoming inflammed?

So it's just a whole host of things I am panicking about...I am worried that I am on the verge of a dangerous situation and nobody knows it but me ...

I do suffer from anxiety. I was diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder but not hypochondria though. I have tons of medical papers diagnosing me with actual issues.

I don't wanna make this a HUGE deal but itis very tough not to. My family has no idea how terrified I am.

To make matters worse, about a month ago, I had a dream I was practicing dying peacefully. Now this is happening...and all of these horror stories are popping into my head.

To tell you the truth, I am HOPING it is gum Cancer because I would rather have THAT than some infection like an abscessed tooth..

I feel like at least GC would give me time to live.. if my teeth are causing my THROAT to be sore, it seems like the "infection" might have spread.

If THIS isn't bad enough, my BIRTHDAY is this Thursday. All I want to know is what is this thing on my lip!

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahhh2,

Sorry to hear all you are going through, certainly sounds like a lot !! That is a lot of pressure and would make so many anxious .. Sounds like you are really getting out there and finding answers and helping yourself with is great I hope some of your pain and symptoms can be validated and relieved soon!! Do you have an appointment with a dentist to look at your dental/gum concerns?

A

Ahhh2

Hello and thanks KR for the response.

Unfortunately, I have to wait to get back on my "insurance" which is with the state since I cannot afford regular insurance... It helps get me seen for free....but that will take a month or 2.

Also, the family is tight on money but now we have to sacrifice hundreds of dollars to go to Urgent Care because this is serious.

-----

Update: About 2-3 weeks ago, I started getting regular headaches on the same side as the lump and yesterday the headaches upgraded to being "hot" while hurting. (Creative headache).

As I type this, the entire back of my head is hurting, the back of my neck and my head feels like it has a microwave inside of it.

I know I have a tendency to panic but this just does not feel right. I also wonder if there is something wrong in another area of my body that spread to my mouth???

I mean maybe my gums aren't the source. I'll update if anything else changes.

In the meantime, I've been doing salt therapy on my gums.

I apply salt directly to my sores and let it sit, THEN I do the rinse. It always worked with canker sores 🤷🏽‍♀️

A

Ahhh2

The back of my neck/head is absolutely KILLING me and im afraid I might have to go to the ER. My whole head is burning.