• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Major dental surgery

S

shanewilliams19

On Friday February 15th i had 10 teeth and 1 wisdom tooth removed.It took me 10 years to get the courage to go visit the dentist as the pain i was having was affecting my love life/family life and my job. After the surgery and for the next 7 days i had NO pain from any of the sockets/gums i was to understand after a week i should feel next to no pain, but now coming up to day 10 and i have been getting chronic jaw,ear and headaches. As of today my gums have been very sore and causing extreme discomfort. I'm terrified of the dentist as it is without having to go visit the Oral surgeon again :(
Also i have multiple dis-solvable stitches which are all still there? Is all this normal? or am i just panicking over nothing?

Last edited:
It is recommended, especially after multiple extractions, to have a check appointment.
Reading your thread, I don't know what could have led to it.

You need to go back and have someone look at you, you may have some infection. Or it just might be the after effects but you should be feeling better by now.

The stitches failing to dissolve could be the cause of your problem so as the others have said you need to return for follow-up care which should be included in the price you paid originally.

Back