• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Major Floss Stuck Problem!

39male

39male

Between lower molar tooth 18 (heavily filled cavity tooth on all four sides) and a new crown on tooth 19 (crowned only 2 months ago) it is very tight to floss. I have to go down, then tug with force to get in normally.

PROBLEM: Today I used Reach brand waxed mint floss, its thick and threads got stuck i had to pull one side an inch and a half worth shredding to get it out. There is floss threads stuck. I used tweezers to pull all strands sticking out! There is small clump stuck in between and can feel the slight pressure in between.

I tried glide floss satin, but still cannot dislodge it in a sawing motion from either side. I dont know what to do!! I tried soaking the area with water and mouthwash. Im worried cause this happened an hour ago! Should I wait till Tues to make dental appointment? This is nerve wrecking. Will it dissintegrate?

I am having frienss over and gonna have a beer tomorrow for the 4th of July and maybe some meat. Unrelated but I have a one month old bone graft on other side so I can only eat on the stuck floss side of mouth. Having long term teeth problems really affect my self esteem.

2 hrs later update: tried double layering floss, making a knot in the floss with no success.

Last edited:
Try a TePe brush if you can get hold of one?

Try a TePe brush if you can get hold of one?

Thanks for getting back to me. I had tried everything last night even oil on floss. Next morning, I tried flossing again with gentle force I was able to get past and floss. I think the pressure moved the teeth slightly and created a less tight space. Waiting a day helped! I am so relieved. Have a nice weekend!

Glad you got it out! I would stick with the glide floss that breaks apart in one piece, especially since you are getting an implant. The kind that breaks into threads is really bad for implants. My dentist didn’t tell me that and he used regular floss on me. One of the dentists on here told me to use the tape kind. The other kind can shred around the implant and cause infection.

Back