• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

malocclusion caused by wisdom teeth?

S

Suzanne0522

Hello,
I am a 25 year old sufferer of dental phobia. Because of this I hadn't sen the dentist for 11 years. Recently due to discomfort I saw the dentist. He said I have two fillings that have fallen out on my bottom left molars and refused to fix them until I saw an oral surgeon and had my wisdom teeth removed and started me on a course of antibiotics. I had my wizzies taken out a week ago, two days later my tounge was white and inflammed. I saw the oral surgeon again who took me off the antibiotics and placed me on anti fungal lozenges claiming I now have thrush. 5 days later my throat is still inflammed and a little red on the side of the gums where the wizzies used to be. Is this normal?

Also, I,ve noticed my bite is off where the filling came out on the very back molar, the top tooth seems to have grown slightly longer on one side. Is this repairable? Could it cause a timgling sensation on the left side of my face next to the nose? I get that feeling a lot. Sometimes I can't articulate my words correctly and I use my tounge most the time to hold up my top teeth. If I don't that side of my jaw begins to hurt. Its like I'm clenching my teeth or something. I really need some advice about what to talk to my dentist about. Its like he thinks I'm nuts. But seriously its sooooo uncomfortable. Thank you

I'll let Gordon answer the dental points but seriously take your fillings business elsewhere as far as the unhelpful General Dentist is concerned.:grouphug:

I think I will.. thank you for your reply, I truly appreciate it.

Really the best thing is to write out your concerns and take it to your new dentist with you. As far as the surgery stuff, wide spectrum antibiotics can cause thrush, which sounds like you've had happen, it can take a couple of weeks to shift, so don't worry if it still feels a bit odd in your mouth.

Make sure you take in plenty of fresh fruit and veggies to give your body a good chance to fight off the nasty yeast (thrush is a yeast infestation) and if you like it, eat some live yoghurt to get some good bacteria in your gut to replace the ones the antibiotics wiped out.

Thank you gordon..
I've been drink kefir 2 times daily, and trying not to indulge into my cravings for sweets.

I made an appointment with a new dentist for Monday. I'm nervous about changing dentists, though I'm sure its a step in a positive direction. Its embrassing to me for someone to look in my mouth. My teeth aren't that bad, I'm just self insecure for some reason. I also have an issue with trusting someone I'm not famillar with when it comes to dental and medical things.

Thanks again

Back