• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Mark's Denture Journal

M

MarkGeordie88

I didn’t ask, I’m not sure if they would want to use a bed for an overnight stay for something like this?

I don’t know what I’m expected to do if I don’t have anyone physically living that close to me so do that.

Makes me angry because how will I get treatment?

T

tazey

The only other thing I could think of is it possible to get it done nearer to where your family live? or would that be too complcated.

M

MarkGeordie88

I’m not sure how that would work.
I think I need to speak to family but without a date I can’t even begin to start organising and seeing if people are available.

I

Ilovemydentistreally

This just doesn't help you, MarkGeordie88.
Did you get a chance to tell them about your situation?
Can you even get a friend to an overnight?
I'm stumped as to what you are supposed to do from here.
Can you even explain this apparent brick wall to your doctor? I mean, it is all connected.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I"m so sorry to hear this.. how discouraging :(.. Could you take your bloodtest less often so you could move up the date? I sure hope you can find a way to get someone to go with you .. I'm sorry for the hard time you are going through now !

M

MarkGeordie88

It’s looking bleak like. It’s hard because you can’t help personal circumstances so it means because of my individual personal circumstances I’ll be penalised.

All I can do is wait for the date and if I still haven’t found anyone I’ll have to ring up and explain.

Find it frustrating that if they won’t do anything and I can’t find anyone I’ll end up having to keep my awful teeth!

M

MarkGeordie88

Think I lost the plot last night and balled my eyes out crying until I went to sleep. Not a good start to the weekend.

M

MarkGeordie88

Dentist rang yesterday to say the immediates were available to collect and I should inform the hospital.

Only issue is I still have the problem of not having anyone to attend with me for the GA so I imagine there going to turn around and say they can’t do it.

Any thoughts?

M

MarkGeordie88

It’s been a long time. My update is I have no idea how things are moving forward.

I have the immediate dentures off the dentist but nothing has moved forward since Covid 19 really.

I’m guessing dental surgery like this is classed as none essential but also they were not prepared to give me an operation date until some of my diabetic bloods were checked again. My last diabetic review was early March but was conducted via telephone call and no bloods taken as they deemed them non urgent.