• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Mark's Denture Journal

M

MarkGeordie88

@had-enough unfortunately not, it kept getting postponed and then other health issues surfaced whereby the team refused to do GA.

I had an up to date assessment with the dental team in May, agreed we could now go ahead and it’s just a waiting game to get a pre-op assessment and an op date given. Just waiting.

H

had-enough

@had-enough unfortunately not, it kept getting postponed and then other health issues surfaced whereby the team refused to do GA.

I had an up to date assessment with the dental team in May, agreed we could now go ahead and it’s just a waiting game to get a pre-op assessment and an op date given. Just waiting.
Oh no. I'm in the same boat however not due to health issues but just utterly terrified.
I am having mine done tomorrow morning and I am absolutely shitting it. Iv considered cancelling multiple times but I will only end up in the same position again in months/years to come. I just need it out the way.

I'm having it done under sedation so at my local dentist and luckily I won't remember any of it. I'm scared about how much it will hurt afterwards and getting used to the partial denture also.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long and you can finish your journey. Did you manage to tell your family what you are going through?

M

MarkGeordie88

@had-enough I’m sorry I have only had the chance to reply. Did today go alright?

I haven’t actually spoken to family about it however from the state of my teeth they clearly know this from looking at me.

H

had-enough

@had-enough I’m sorry I have only had the chance to reply. Did today go alright?

I haven’t actually spoken to family about it however from the state of my teeth they clearly know this from looking at me.
Hi Mark

I was sedated and can't remember most of it however I can still remember the sound of my tooth cracking which was the worst.

Iv taken some over the counter pain relief and had an ice pack where the teeth were removed. I'm not in any pain and iv managed to have a little bit to eat.

Worst part is the partial didn't fit and now I have to wait 2 weeks for another appointment for more impressions taken so I'm gutted about this 😔 will not be talking to anyone in person for a while

Tolkienista

Tolkienista

I've been reading back over your journal and have I missed something or are you not much further on than when you started back in 2019. I think your final comment just waiting seems to sum it up

M

MarkGeordie88

@had-enough I’m glad that you got through it. I feel sorry that the partials do not fit.

I worry about that because with me getting full extraction, if my immediates did not fit at all I don’t think I could cope having nothing in at all.

@Tolkienista It’s been such a long time, there was a long waiting list anyway, then covid hit, I have urological health issues that then had to be investigated, then I had to wait for a more up to date dental assessment and now I’m waiting on a pre op appointment. My fear is they leave it too long again and say my dental assessment is outdated again.

Tolkienista

Tolkienista

@MarkGeordie88 It's so frustrating for you, COVID has had such an impact on dental procedures and I feel for you when you say that your assessment may be outdated too. Good luck and keep us updated, we're all in this together.