• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Mark's Denture Journal

Think I’ll ring and just see if there’s any updates.

It’s the bottom front ones that can be saved.

That’s good! That’s my only regret is that none of mine could be saved. Having a full dentures on the bottom is a challenge, and by saving two, you’ll probably have an easier time with a partial. Believe me, I don’t have any other regrets and have been feeling better than I have in a long time. Just takes a lot longer to eat now. :p

Yeah it’s very frustrating. My major issue at the moment is, I had a lot of other health problems going on so had no job for two years and although I’ve still got some of those problems I’m ready to go back to work.

I’m thinking the state of my teeth is letting me down by my confidence is low so I’ll put off applying and when I’m invited for interview I feel they judge my teeth.

Been turned down for ages jobs but it probably wasn’t my teeth it’s probably my paranoia making me think that but you never know.

Well I’m in a dilemma now. My next appointment is 6th Nov but it’s the same afternoon as my neurology appointment at a different hospital.

Not sure which one to reorganise.

My appointment was made for the 04/12/19 and has now been changed as they have had to withdraw that clinic so it’s now 08/01/20.

However, they mentioned the dentist has not been in touch and I haven’t been asked by the dentist to go back and get my impressions done.

I’ve rang and she’s on annual leave so they have booked me in for 02/12/19 to see her and take it from there.

Should I be concerned.? How long do they take to get?

Still in shock but had a horrible ordeal with the dentist today doing the impressions.

The trays wouldn’t fit so had to get smaller ones but even them were awful.

Started breathing heavily and the nurse basically screamed at me.

She didn’t seem very impressed before it started I asked her to shut the door as it was wide open.

Now I’m scared I’ll have difficulty fitting the dentures in with such a small mouth I seem to have.

Aaaargh.

I hate impressions too+also have a small mouth,my last few appointments have been tough it's not easy on your jaw there's only so wide it can go.

Said next appointment was about getting the bite right. Is that straight forward?

Tbh not sure I'm getting implants so not sure it's the same but my consultant said something about note aswell,my next appointment isn't till feb.

*bite not note

Oh right. I’ll have to wait and see. I’m going back in next week and then my next hospital appointment is Jan.

Oh right. I’ll have to wait and see. I’m going back in next week and then my next hospital appointment is Jan.
Hopefully they can sort it before Christmas.

MarkGeordie88,,

sorry to hear of the hard impression appt and the way the nurse was,, that would be hard.
I have a hard time too with impressions and have had dozens of them.. due to it taking usually 3-4 times each one..agh. 2 years ago my last dentist helped with the impression and Idid it for the first time,, ever.. Thank God.. it just gave me a little confidence .. but the next time it took a few.

I also have a small mouth.. its really hard.... I hope your next appt goes better for you!!

Thanks everyone I’ll let you all know how next week goes.

Agh also sorry to hear about your bad experience with the impressions. They’re not fun. I had to remind myself to breath while mine were done, and that it would be over soon and I did ok. Once I was in for a check and the gentleman in the next area was getting impressions - the poor thing was gagging so bad, I felt terrible for him. Hope everything goes better for you.

Thank you. Just scared I’ll struggle with the dentures.

Thank you. Just scared I’ll struggle with the dentures.
I’ve got full dentures, well not my permanent set - still using the temporaries. I won’t lie and say it isn’t a struggle at times but you do get used to them. It’s different for everyone and you may be able to adapt to them pretty quickly. My alternative was way way worse, so I’m better off now than before I got them.

Yeah let’s hope there okay and I adapt.

Still not tops my family what’s happening yet but I’m going to have to before they notice the change.

Hi MarkGeordie88,
I just read your journal now. It does make very good reading as it shows how committed you are. With all the changing/delaying of appointments and the bit about the person being apparently impatient with you during the impressions, well I think I would have given up and done a runner! It definitely is more helpful to have consistency, so it is admirable that you have continued to follow through with your treatment. And with the other stuff going on too. Really, well done! You deserve a medal there...
Best of luck and I wouldn't worry too much about telling your family. Maybe even don't tell them and see if they notice the change? If they don't notice, you then get to do the big reveal in your own time! :)
Anyway, thanks. Your journal is an encouraging read.

I really do appreciate the kind words it means a lot.

Back