• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Mark's Denture Journal

I didn’t ask, I’m not sure if they would want to use a bed for an overnight stay for something like this?

I don’t know what I’m expected to do if I don’t have anyone physically living that close to me so do that.

Makes me angry because how will I get treatment?

The only other thing I could think of is it possible to get it done nearer to where your family live? or would that be too complcated.

I’m not sure how that would work.
I think I need to speak to family but without a date I can’t even begin to start organising and seeing if people are available.

This just doesn't help you, MarkGeordie88.
Did you get a chance to tell them about your situation?
Can you even get a friend to an overnight?
I'm stumped as to what you are supposed to do from here.
Can you even explain this apparent brick wall to your doctor? I mean, it is all connected.

I"m so sorry to hear this.. how discouraging :(.. Could you take your bloodtest less often so you could move up the date? I sure hope you can find a way to get someone to go with you .. I'm sorry for the hard time you are going through now !

It’s looking bleak like. It’s hard because you can’t help personal circumstances so it means because of my individual personal circumstances I’ll be penalised.

All I can do is wait for the date and if I still haven’t found anyone I’ll have to ring up and explain.

Find it frustrating that if they won’t do anything and I can’t find anyone I’ll end up having to keep my awful teeth!

Think I lost the plot last night and balled my eyes out crying until I went to sleep. Not a good start to the weekend.

Dentist rang yesterday to say the immediates were available to collect and I should inform the hospital.

Only issue is I still have the problem of not having anyone to attend with me for the GA so I imagine there going to turn around and say they can’t do it.

Any thoughts?

It’s been a long time. My update is I have no idea how things are moving forward.

I have the immediate dentures off the dentist but nothing has moved forward since Covid 19 really.

I’m guessing dental surgery like this is classed as none essential but also they were not prepared to give me an operation date until some of my diabetic bloods were checked again. My last diabetic review was early March but was conducted via telephone call and no bloods taken as they deemed them non urgent.

Latest update from me:

The hospital have restarted their dental services and since it has been a long time since I was seen they want to complete another assessment session. Which has been scheduled.

My dilemma is kind of the same though and think it is going to impact when the operation can take place because I finally found family that were willing to come along with me and stay with me over night, but the obstacle is now that because of covid, the fact I live alone and im in an area with a local lockdown, we are a) not meant to mix anyway and b) family don't fancy going to spend time in a hospital, so im stuck again because after the assessment if they are ready to book me in I still have no one to gp with me.

Not sure if I should call back and explain this or go to the assessment and explain.

I don't think they will go ahead with another adult with me because they will just say they cant let me leave on my own and its not like they have the resources to admit people after this operation.

Yes this is a dilemma with local UK lockdown rules. If I were you, I'd contact the hospital and expect that they will know what happens in such circumstances. Covid has changed everything this year and unfortunately you've got caught up in the middle of it all. Hope everything gets sorted soon moving you on to a happy conclusion. Best wishes from Birmingham

Had a bit of luck.

Spoke to the hospital dental team and have explained all the circumstances.

They said I could be assessed and seen by a different team at a different hospital where they do dental surgery and can keep you in overnight if you don’t have anyone to go/stay with you.

Assessment booked in for 12th Nov.

Good luck for your assessment tomorrow, hope all goes well.

Oops just realised it's not the 12th tomorrow ! Good luck for the next day :)

Hi Mark

Just been reading your journal and firstly how brave are you! I'm sort of in the same boat as you and just turned 32 ? just been to the dentist today as I'm starting my treatment journey. I'm also a geordie woop.

I had impressions taken today and another piece of tooth has came off and its one of the front teeth ?

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Can you let me know how they check your bite as this is my next appointment.

Hope your OK.

Hi Mark

Just been reading your journal and firstly how brave are you! I'm sort of in the same boat as you and just turned 32 ? just been to the dentist today as I'm starting my treatment journey. I'm also a geordie woop.

I had impressions taken today and another piece of tooth has came off and its one of the front teeth ?

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Can you let me know how they check your bite as this is my next appointment.

Hope your OK.

Hi there,

Its actually really nice to hear from someone else in my neck of the woods.

I turned 32 this year.

Unfortunately my appointment has been postponed again until 11th December, reason given was just covid related.

As for the bite, from what i remember I was just asked to bite down onto something, mine was all done as one appointment.

Do you need full dentures? Are you having GA?

Hi there,

Its actually really nice to hear from someone else in my neck of the woods.

I turned 32 this year.

Unfortunately my appointment has been postponed again until 11th December, reason given was just covid related.

As for the bite, from what i remember I was just asked to bite down onto something, mine was all done as one appointment.

Do you need full dentures? Are you having GA?

Hi Mark

I was 32 in sept ? im not having full dentures only a partial.

I had all of my back top and back bottom teeth removed under GA around 4 years ago and never had them replaced as the immediate dentures didn't fit. Now 2 of the top front teeth I have left need removed as there breaking and you can see these when I smile (not very often due to bad teeth) and speak.
I'm hoping to get a few implants in the future but how expensive are they ?

Oops just realised it's not the 12th tomorrow ! Good luck for the next day :)
Hi Mark

I was 32 in sept ? im not having full dentures only a partial.

I had all of my back top and back bottom teeth removed under GA around 4 years ago and never had them replaced as the immediate dentures didn't fit. Now 2 of the top front teeth I have left need removed as there breaking and you can see these when I smile (not very often due to bad teeth) and speak.
I'm hoping to get a few implants in the future but how expensive are they ?

Oh right I see.

Yes implants are expensive by the sounds of it.

I can relate to the smiling and talking aspect. I hate doing it. Thank god for wearing masks at the moment!

Oh right I see.

Yes implants are expensive by the sounds of it.

I can relate to the smiling and talking aspect. I hate doing it. Thank god for wearing masks at the moment!

yeah that's one thing haha I don't wear them at work though so it's not helpful.

Are you getting full dentures? I had an awful experience after having my teeth removed last time but i don't regret it as they were in a terrible state. I just wish I wasn't going through it again
Hope your ok
Claire

Back