Me and my new teeth: job interview.

Dg6300

Dg6300

Six months ago I went to an internal interview: "I am going to smile naturally, no matter how bad the interview goes", I told myself.

Goodness did the interview go badly. Especially for an internal interview o_O

True to my word, I did my best, presented myself, allowed them their evaluation of my professional skills, and effected what I decided: shoulders back, eyes forward, natural smile.

They are the same teeth I was born with, but in much better shape than five years ago.

Long story short, I lost everything circa 2006-2008. I pieced things together a few years later, and in 2013 found out about very low cost dental cleanings at the local community college (how I wish I knew about that during the ten years I didn't have dental care!).

My cleaned teeth lead to greater confidence, and soon thereafter I was able to get hired as a temp, and then full time.

I got dental coverage, ditched my disrespectful old dentist (worst of all he never told me the truth about my poor dental health) and found a kinda-jerk-but-really-kindly-honest-and-blunt new dentist. I effected his recommendations of wisdom teeth out and a gum graft. I am very pleased to have an amazing periodontist and now floss (properly!) every day.

My teeth are still really yellow, and not super straight, but I can smile and eat wonderfully pointy and crunchy and cold foods without thinking.

I also played at my first open mic this month. It was a different kind of anxiety. I am glad shame of my teeth didn't prevent me.

Since a man can dream, maybe someday I'll get to show my teeth off on a date. While I am a dental success (and so are you, if you are reading this, since you are demonstrating courage), I am a disappointment, okay... failure, in the dating world. I am nobody in matters of love.

Happily I am somebody to my dentist, periodontist, oral surgeon, dear supervisor who employs me (so much gratitude), and my good friends here, including our dear KR, the magnificent Simon, and my courage guru Enarate.

I say all this because if I can do it, and I did, you yes you reading this can too. To the extent I have demonstrated courage, you can borrow some of my courage and face what you need to. If posting or reading in this forum is all you can do today, then that is enough.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Forum Buddy
Dg6300,

This is so beautiful and inspirational , your story is an encouragement to all and all of your encouragement is so appreciated here DG6300! You have really come a long way!! :you-rock::welldone::perfect::wow::dance2::cheer2: sorry about all the emojis.. but surely you deserve this. you are putting your self out there , taking care of yourself, taking risks, good ones and I believe just as you have been you will continue to see blessings in your life becuase of this! Thanks for being an encouragement to us all!

You are most definately COURAGEOUS!! :)

Enarete

Enarete

Forum Buddy
... I am a disappointment, okay... failure, in the dating world. I am nobody in matters of love.
Absolutely no way never ever in this universe how this could be true (not perfect grammatically but you got the point). You have goals, an amazing portion of courage, endurance and discipline and you have a big heart. So while I can imagine you do not feel too confident in love (yet), these are just the old inner voices ( = :lies!:) that will shut up soon.

As you do one thing you do everything and as you are simply unstoppable :you-rock: in beating your fears, it is only a matter of time until you will find that beautiful amazing soul to connect with!

Look forward to read the success story!

Dg6300

Dg6300

Awww, thank you very much. I think very highly of all of you, so I'll go ahead and have a little faith.

If (when?) that happy day comes, I know two things:

1. My teeth will be ready.

2. I'll be sure to post here with a report of how such a date goes.

:)

Dg6300

Dg6300

No dates yet, alas, to show off my teeth, but I do have an associated plan:

I am telling myself that

1. I am a good man.

2. My teeth are presentable.

Therefore, I am going to invite out a specific someone*, if I see this person next weekend (50-50 chances that this person will be there) when I visit a mutual friend.

No matter the outcome of what this person says, I will smile naturally. I am proud of what I have accomplished with my dental team (including my friends here), and humbled to be able to live a life I couldn't dream of ten years ago, of fixed teeth.

I can assure you I wasn't inviting out people like this person when my teeth were awry.

Update promised this time next week!

* This person is super fine. Like a transcendent level of fine.

Enarete

Enarete

Forum Buddy
This is an amzing plan! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Keeping my fingers tightly crosses for this very special person to be there this weekend:clover:

Dg6300

Dg6300

She wasn't there, sigh, but my teeth were ready.

Getting my teeth fixed as been the foundation of trying to rebuild my confidence. If everything else goes wrong in my life, I can still make better choices with my teeth.

As promised, I'll post here if... scratch that, when... me and my teeth go on a date.

<3