• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Missing part of my molar tooth, very sensitive and hurts when I bites.

J

JAD

Hello, I have been missing part of my molar tooth for some time now, not too sure how it happened but it might be one of my fillings that has fallen out, but my top (left if you're looking at me) right molar (2nd one along) has a sort of cave in. It is missing a chunk of the tooth and there is now a gap between it and my other molar. The chunk is gone from the left (right if you're looking at me) side of tooth (where the molars meet).

Now, whenever I bite down with that tooth, drink something really cold or hot (or eat) it hurts. Do you think this is because part of the tooth has fallen out? If it is then I can just get another filling?

I really don't want to go to the dentist (I have a phobia of it) but I don't mind a filling.

The dentin is most likely exposed and that is probably the reason for the pain. Tough to say whether it needs a filling or not without looking at it.

Agree with Decan. Sounds like a piece broke deep enough to leave nerves exposed. Probably a very easy fix! I'd go sooner rather than later. I used to wait until things were bad and really painful but found it's better to go before you're in horrible pain or have infection.

Be honest with your dentist about your fears! I have a dentist and oral surgeon who both know my fears and are overly kind and compassionate when treating me.

Back