• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Missing teeth options

L

Lucycope

hi

im finally going to book an appointment with a new dentist. ive not been in years and my teeth are just falling apart. im missing one pre molar and a molar one side and both pre molars the other side. what would my options be for replacing these teeth, it will be on the NHS believe a band 3 will cover it?

just wanna be prepared before i go with what-can3EC352D0-37E4-4A15-8691-D6943E6BFC26.jpeg be doneAC2ACEC8-ADF6-4386-9B23-D9AC9DD4D428.jpeg

Might be easier for the dentist if you know what you want he or she to do for you, rather than the other way round...

For example do you want just the basic stuff done? Get the decayed roots out, fill the rest and leave it there or do you want something to replace spaces etc?

Are you prepared to change your diet and brushing habits to maintain more complex dentistry?

F6F40F2A-363D-40BD-859B-F9D3A3476988.jpeg
Hi I am missing these teeth marked on the photo it’s my top teeth, it’s due to neglect and not going to the dentist to get fillings. I’m going to book an appointment soon and sign on to a new NHS dentist what would my options be to sort these teeth I’m 21 and my wisdom teeth are still growing in at the back fine. Just want to get my teeth sorted ASAP now

That's such a vague question it's impossible to answer really. Ask your dentist when you see them.

That's such a vague question it's impossible to answer really. Ask your dentist when you see them.
I would like to know my options to replace them so im aware before I go to the dentist and pay

Yes but without knowing anything whatever other than which teeth you have missing, there's nothing useful I can tell you.

The options are basically:

Do nothing
Some kind of denture
Some kind of bridge
Some kind of implant retained over denture or bridge

Doesn't really help much does it?

Hi sorry for posting again I was about to go and register at my new dentist however the practice has closed due to Covid19...
I have some missing teeth I am concerned about they are upper teeth you can’t see them when I speak etc but I know they aren’t there, It’s probably due to not looking after my teeth when I was younger and not visiting the dentist!

I am missing my first pre molar and then I have my second pre molar but missing my first molar so I have a gap - tooth - then gap then tooth, what could be my option to fix this I will be under NHS
( also will the middle tooth ( second pre molar) be okay will it be strong enough and not break due to pressure until the dentist re opens for me to starting fixing them

Then the other side I’m missing my first and second pre molars what can be done here?

Hi Lucycope - not sure if you spotted Gordon's post above where he listed the options? (option 4 would only be available privately; options 1 or 2 might be most likely on the NHS in England)

Back