• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

missing teeth...what are my options

S

sooziebaby

I finally found the courage to go to the dentist after years of being too scared. I've had a few appointments for fillings and it's all gone well so far.next time I go I'm getting my left side eye tooth removed, I've already had my right eye tooth out and the one next to it broke it's just roots now so it's coming out as well. I'm very embarrassed about the gaps from the 2 I've already lost on the right ,theyre so noticeable on that side and I never smile and the thought that I'll have the same on the other side is horrible. Is there anything I can do to fill these gaps ?can I get a partial ? Or crowns for 2 teeth on one side and 1 on the other? Not implants though I'm far too scared for that. It's an nhs dentist but it's affecting me so much I would pay for it privately.

Last edited:
Depending on which teeth you have left and their condition a partial or a bridge may be an alternative to implants. Your dentist would be happy to discuss your case with you.

Bridges to replace eyeteeth are difficult to provide and tend not to last as long as other designs.
Don't ignore the dental implant option, it's not as bad as you think - I'd rather have an implant placed than a tooth removed!

Back