More extractions. Possible posts for snap on denture

S

Sgb

I'm so glad I found you guys. I had beautiful teeth until pregnancy. 20 years and 15,000 dollars later I finally said to just take my top teeth. They swore they could fix them...again..

For another 10 grand

Beyond my fear of needles, my fear of not having enough money to survive is palpable after being homeless for a while.

Anyway, that was 2 years ago. There has always been a sharp bone fragment sticking out and it causes irritation against my denture often. The denture itself is crooked but they refused to fix it when I got it saying I was still numb and it would feel different later. Two days layer was when I lost housing so I never addressed it.

Now my bottom teeth are cracking and falling apart and are infected and I am finally meeting with a doctor about removing them. I opted for an actual surgeon. I want IV sedation. I can't stomach 50 needle pricks into my jaw again while awake.

The infection in my bottom tooth has caused swelling and intense pain up into my upper jaw especially around that bone fragment.

Last denturist I met with to discuss an immediate denture refused, insisting I should save the teeth. He refused to talk costs telling me the surgeon just wants to take my money. But the surgeon will be 4 k. The dentist I KNOW will be at least 10 and those fillings will just fall out like they always do.

Not sure how to find a denturist to take me serious. But I'm leaning towards posts in my lower jaw for snap ins. I'm told this is better for your jaw. My fear is that it will be a perpetual wound like that bone fragment though and I will never be pain free.

I'm sorry this is so long for a first post. I have been surviving off of oxy from my kidney stones and NSAIDS for 4 days now. If Im awake Im in pain. Thankfully the surgeon I'm working with called in a prescription. I'm waiting to hear back about a new cost analysis for posts before scheduling the surgery.

S

Sgb

PS. Meant to clarify prescription is for antibiotics which will make it so I don't need pain meds I hope until surgery

T

Toweltossedin718

Im on here talking about my jouney on a thread im about to go to Cancun Dental for a full snap in lower and upper the proces are great and i have contscted 3 of his previous patients so i feel ok about doing it but still incredibly nervous anyway if you send them xrays the consult is free and very comprehensive and considering the dollar amounts you are getting here for work you might be able to afford the snap in proceedure
Keep in touch amd I will let you know how it goes
My plan is to go in early January