• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Mouth full of Cavities. Literally. Plz help..?

• Thread starter CountlessColossalCavities
  • Start date
C

CountlessColossalCavities

I was just given news today that every tooth in my mouth has a cavity. Also, I have to get 6teeth extracted, as well as 2 root canals. I’m in severe tooth pain, off and on for weeks at a time. I had my consultation/initial assessment/X-rays today. I have DentiCal, so the financial part is not really a burden. Doctor Kim is breaking the dental work into 4 Quarters(top and bottom left & top and bottom right. Doc really wanted me to go ahead and get 1 portion(bottom left) of my mouth worked on. But I instead, made an appointment for Saturday. I will greatly accept any and all tips or words of advice on how to handle this life changing news. Thanks a ton, B.B.

You already did the hardest part, got yourself there! You as so lucky finances are not a problem! What are you specifically nervous about?
Just keep thinking about how great you will feel when all the work is done!

I was just given news today that every tooth in my mouth has a cavity. Also, I have to get 6teeth extracted, as well as 2 root canals. I’m in severe tooth pain, off and on for weeks at a time. I had my consultation/initial assessment/X-rays today. I have DentiCal, so the financial part is not really a burden. Doctor Kim is breaking the dental work into 4 Quarters(top and bottom left & top and bottom right. Doc really wanted me to go ahead and get 1 portion(bottom left) of my mouth worked on. But I instead, made an appointment for Saturday. I will greatly accept any and all tips or words of advice on how to handle this life changing news. Thanks a ton, B.B.
Hi,

Can you tell us more about yourself: how old are you, when was the last time you have been to a dentist, what are you afraid of when it comes to the dentist (I assume you have some but please correct me if I’m wrong)?

Back