• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

mouth ulcers so painful !

R

ross71

I had all my teeth extracted one week ago and was fitted with full immediate dentures, does anyone have any advice on how to treat/ or just ease the pain of painful mouth ulcers ?:confused:

go back for adjustments
if you can do implants they will help greatly

Thankyou and yes I'm going for adjustments this Thursday so hopefully that will help. I'm not sure if I should leave them in overnight or take them out ?

Ross71 I am putting a link in here for you to read Bisja's thread, read it from page 2 she has gone through the same thing as you, but she is a couple of weeks in front of you,

I hope this helps, if you are still really worried phone your dentist and ask his advice, I know you are going later this week but you are worried now, he may be able to help before your appointment.

You have and are doing really well. :)

@ross71 I just got immediate top denture a week ago … I’m beside myself with the pain from ulsers …. I’ve tried everything… how long is this going to last for? I’ve been told not to take them out for a month… all I want to do is take them out!!

I’ve been told not to take them out for a month… all I want to do is take them out!!
WHAT? You've not taken them out for a whole week at all?

You need to take them out and clean them at least. Immediate dentures need to be kept in overnight for the first night, but not for a whole month.

@Gordon my dentist has told me to only take them out to clean … yes a whole month.. I have questioned this and she said not too! Driving me nuts!

Have you got an appointment arranged before that to get them adjusted? I'm guessing not!

Yes ive already been back once and she adjusted them… told me to come back next week… it’s just that everything I read says the denture should be removed at night… going to try the denture adhesive hope that helps!

Back