• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Moving and braces treatment

M

MountainMama

I don’t know if anyone on here can answer this or not, but I wanted to try.

Questions:

How hard is it to switch orthodontists in the middle of treatment, moving across the country?

Will it hurt her to have a few months without getting braces tightened? We may have to temporarily rent quite a distance from where we will be living. She has impacted canines, which is why she got braces, and the canines are just starting to be pulled down.

I will start by saying I called my daughter’s orthodontist office and was given zero help. The receptionist said “I don’t know” and said the orthodontist couldn’t talk to me. I haven’t been happy with the place. Due to Covid, they won’t let me in with my daughter so I can never ask questions. The first few months they would send out a paper saying what they did at the visit but stopped so I only know what my daughter tells me.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Should be fairly straightforward, in theory. Having the appliances not adjusted for a few months won't cause any issues, other than delaying the treatment a bit.

M

MountainMama

Should be fairly straightforward, in theory. Having the appliances not adjusted for a few months won't cause any issues, other than delaying the treatment a bit.
Thank you, @Gordon!