• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Moving teeth? Some advice please.

G

GlykC

Hello, it's been a few months since i started to notice my right upper teeths seem to move, i can't see it in the mirror, but notice with my tongue and sometimes with my fingers.

At first it disappeared for a few days, but lately is everyday.

I took the courage to finally go to dentist, never been in one in my life, even though i always brush my tooth and take as much care as possible, i'm 31.

Told him about my concern, but he said there is nothing wrong i even asked to do an intraoral xray to be sure, here is the pic:
https://postimg.cc/VSTFWZ5j

He adviced me to do a dental clean, wich i did last week, and well, there are some cavitys to repair, but nothing too bad.

I admit i suffer alot of stress and OCD. And this continues to slighly move, especially when eating.

Is it possible that something is wrong and my dentist wrongly diagnosticed? I mean, like a periodontal disease, could he missed it? Is that even possible?

Thanks.

Teeth are designed to move slightly to absorb the shock of chewing, if you wiggle them hard enough then you should be able to feel it.
There's no sign of anything wrong on the x-rays.

Teeth are designed to move slightly to absorb the shock of chewing, if you wiggle them hard enough then you should be able to feel it.
There's no sign of anything wrong on the x-rays.

Thanks for your reply.

But the thing is i don't do it hard, just pressing a bit with tongue, seems to make them "plop" or "click" in position, to later repeat the same behaiver.

I forgot to mention my dentist said i need a night guard, so i must be doing something wrong while i sleep.

Do you think bruixism could cause this sensation i feel?

I find it strange that during some hours of the day is fine and with no reason, they start to do again. This is driving me crazy honestly.

Bruxing certainly won't help it, neither will clenching during the daytime if you find yourself doing that?

Bruxing certainly won't help it, neither will clenching during the daytime if you find yourself doing that?
During the day i make sure not to.

I went to see more dentists and also take another X-ray panoramic:

Apart from the broken molar and cavitys, do you see if there is anything out of order?

Last dentist told me to do a full curettage, as a prevention to a periodental disease?

Nope, the bone levels look fine as far as can be seen on an OPT film, so as far as your original query goes, I don't see anything to worry about.